autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry My detail trailer got hit

SOB.....lol
    OK, it wasn't that bad, but man, it was almost a pile of scrap....

waiting to pull into the Post Office this morning. In my left lane stopped, with blinker on. Waiting for the traffic coming the other way to pass. (2 lanes one way 2 the other way, no turning lane) As soon as I had clearing to pull into the Post Office parking lot, I heard tires screeching. Look in my rearview, and see a car coming pretty fast at me with smoke blowing out from the front tires.....
    Oh.....sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.
    So a floor it, and bang........the guy clipped the corner of my trailer...
    not alot of damage, just the fact this guy wasn't paying attention.
    I pull in the parking lot, thinking the whole rear is smashed up, and the guy keeps driving...lol..
    I throw my arms up at him, and he turns around.....
    Guy is so apologetic, saying he does not have insurance......go figure. Driving a late 80's Crown Vic.....

Since I made the back half of my trailer wood, it just knocked a chunck of wood off, pushed it forward a bit, and warped my metal sign on the back.
    I was already pushing the clock to get to my next appointment, so I told the guy to give me some cash and we will call it even.
    Then he has the nerve to ask me what I do, well duh retard, you only seen the back of my trailer up close and personal.....lol

I am thankful that was all that happend. If I would sat there, I woulda been buying a new trailer right now......

here is a pic....not bad....but still

In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's gonna call you to fix that new scuff mark on his car

I don't know what it is with some people. I used to work witha guy that bought a new Range Rover Sport in black. He was at some store, when somebody ccame in and said does anybody own a black truck b/c it just got hit? Person said some guy in a green BMW apparently backed into him pretty hard, got out, looked like he tried to rub the mark (though there was a dent and pain missing) lol, then took off. Buddy run's outside, get's in his truck and hauls to the next light where there's a green Bmw. Get's out and knocks on the guys glass, makes him pull over. The guy keeps denying it was him, yet here's his green Bmw with black paint on it in spot that is the sma eheight as the dent on the truck, and the same shade of green the Bimmer was on my buddy's dent. Think eventually he gave his insurance info.
    Last edited by Surfer; 12-12-2006 at 03:15 PM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    He's gonna call you to fix that new scuff mark on his car

I don't know what it is with some people. I used to work witha guy that bought a new Range Rover Sport in black. He was at some store, when somebody ccame in and said does anybody own a black truck b/c it just got hit? Person said some guy in a green BMW apparently backed into him pretty hard, got out, looked like he tried to rub the mark (though there was a dent and pain missing) lol, then took off. Buddy run's outside, get's in his truck and hauls to the next light where there's a green Bmw. Get's out and knocks on the guys glass, makes him pull over. The guy keeps denying it was him, yet here's his green Bmw with black paint on it in spot that is the sma eheight as the dent on the truck, and the same shade of green the Bimmer was on my buddy's dent. Think eventually he gave his insurance info.

hahaha, this guy blamed his bad tires for not stopping....lol
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    hahaha, this guy blamed his bad tires for not stopping....lol
    Your nicer than I am. I would have filed a police report. Im sick of people with no insurance harming people in accidents and then not be able to pay nor have the collateral to sell to get to pay you in court.

Post Thanks / Like
    i probably would have called the cops as well. sue him so he can understand how insurance would have been cheaper in the long run

Post Thanks / Like
    That totally sucks. Hope you got enough cash to pay for it and then some for your troubles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini
    Your nicer than I am. I would have filed a police report. Im sick of people with no insurance harming people in accidents and then not be able to pay nor have the collateral to sell to get to pay you in court.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. This guy got off too easy and he didn't learn a thing about consequences for breaking the law. I too am sick of people driving around without insurance. Just imagine if the damage had been worse or if you had gotten hurt. I think this guy should be called up for his irresponsibility. He was probably talking on the friggin phone while driving too!! Bad tires and no insurance. PLEASE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    here is a birds eye view of it...lol
    Last edited by Tex Star Detail; 12-12-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Nice illustrations!! I'm just glad that you weren't hurt, Chris. You really are too nice a guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that. Did you call the police?
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast