autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happened to Autopia forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    S products. *ponders*
    I'm just trying to say that by the time I joined Autopia, the Davids had their own store and brand, I don't remember DavidB's "guide to detailing" featuring products from the cross-Florida competition, although I am getting old and my memory is failing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I'm just trying to say that by the time I joined Autopia, the Davids had their own store and brand, I don't remember DavidB's "guide to detailing" featuring products from the cross-Florida competition, although I am getting old and my memory is failing.
    This is what I was referring to. His detailing products were promoting in his detailing guide. I still have the 2007 era autopia guide (downloaded self-running).
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    This is what I was referring to. His detailing products were promoting in his detailing guide. I still have the 2007 era autopia guide (downloaded self-running).
    We're going around in circles here. It was suggested that some Autopia members will never join here because this is a "vendor-owned" forum, then people said that Autopia was also "vendor-owned", so what's the diff? Then some old timers stated that Autopia was a "forum" long before being a "vendor", which was then refudiated by others stating that DavidB used to hawk products in his detailing guide for another vendor/mfr before he started his own vendor/mfr...sheesh, no wonder we're confused.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that DavidB always saw the marketing potential of the site, hence featuring certain products in his detailing guide, and later decided to leverage it himself with his own brand/store. His skill as a marketer is what fueled the perception that Autopia was not a "vendor". His resume shows starting his branded company only a year after Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that DavidB always saw the marketing potential of the site, hence featuring certain products in his detailing guide, and later decided to leverage it himself with his own brand/store. His skill as a marketer is what fueled the perception that Autopia was not a "vendor". His resume shows starting his branded company only a year after Autopia.
    That was my point. I do not think his intentions were altruistic (for the good of detailing) and given how he moderated the forum I think it supports my view. However, there is nothing wrong about any of it (his place, his way) but people just need to keep their brains working.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lil Detlr View Post
    Hmm... I guess I'd forgotten about that. Was that around the same time they came out with that horrible "synthetic clay" product that hardly anyone gave positive reviews to?
    No, this was before that. This is when basically the only products Autopia made were called Glide (clay lube), Block (clay bar), Waffle (waffle weave towel).

Post Thanks / Like

I just find it SO ironic that the "new" Autopia kept insisting that my IP address identified me as some sort of threat upon every visit that I stopped visiting.

Then Autopia turns out to be the very dirty threat!
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BearValley View Post
    I just find it SO ironic that the "new" Autopia kept insisting that my IP address identified me as some sort of threat upon every visit that I stopped visiting.

That *is* ironic!

I remember reading your posts about that problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    No, this was before that. This is when basically the only products Autopia made were called Glide (clay lube), Block (clay bar), Waffle (waffle weave towel).
    There was alot more.. Every product you just mentioned was part of the Sonus line.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    There was alot more.. Every product you just mentioned was part of the Sonus line.
    Not at that time it wasn't. AFAIK Sonus did not exist just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    there was a live to detail forum but its gone
    Are you trying to start something? The forum is alive and well and includes a LOT of people who have been very supportive to YOU in your recent times (and before with job losses, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Why do we need them when we have Mike Phillips?
    I respect Mike, but he's just one guy with his way of doing things. There are lots of variations on themes in detailing, so it's beneficial and educational to see how others do things as well. Just my $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    gone i quess . hasnothing to do with autopia i just was wondering. it was a fairly new forum. owell
    I can PM you with a link if you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by BearValley View Post

That IS funny!!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast