autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: a "LASER"

Post Thanks / Like

a "LASER"

OCMD figured it out this year, and banned the damn things.

now hopefully OCNJ will follow suit-

Ocean City Police Issue Laser Pointer Warning - Cape May County Herald

funny how nobody initially realized that it might be a bad idea to let merchants sell kids laser pointers in an environment where there are benches full of kids and thousands upon thousands of people walking by every single night, with boats and planes all over the place. i went up there once this year, and they were everywhere. of course the kids don't know you are supposed to shine them on breasts, butts and other areas that need highlighting. not f'n EYES.

as soon as i walked up onto the boardwalk, some teenage girl shined one right in my eye. i tore her a new one, and contemplated kidnapping her on the spot...but i refrained because i was up there to eat one thing and that wasn't human tissue, it was ice cream.

the green lasers, especially the crappy ones from china, are not monitored for consistent output like what you buy for your gun, or for your board room presenation. i can picture it now - some idiot kid shining a green laser on a baby while he/she is being pushed down the boardwalk, meanwhile the kids eyes are getting burned up and nobody knows the better until he takes his first vision tests and sees quadruple, or nothing at all.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: a "LASER"

I was in the same boat last year in ocean city .. we have been vacationing down their all of my kids lives and even when i was a kid i went their with my parents.. The NJ shore has changed
    I have been trying to talk my family into a caribbean vacation for a few years now.. no luck...nj shore is still the favorite. back to the laser i got 1 in the eye as well it was on nights in vennis all those boats in the ocean a laser got me all the way from 1 of those boats?

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of lasers, I have been researching a DSLR camera purchase and ran across this last night. Of course, damage to someone's eyesight is obviously more of a concern but not even expensive camera sensors are safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you know laser light is a population inversion.
    that is like an autogeek snapple fact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbkite View Post
    Did you know laser light is a population inversion.
    that is like an autogeek snapple fact.
    ha...BTW, does snapple still have facts under the caps?
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Lasers can be great fun when used "properly". My parents have a condo on the beach in Orange Beach, AL. At night we love to shine the laser down on the beach and watch the little kids chase it around and try to figure out what it is. So much fun. We had two girls in the complex beside ours scared to go on the boardwalk because my dad kept shining on the wooden walk just as they got to it, they would turn and run screaming and laughing. Good times. We never shine it at anyone's face though, that's asking for trouble. Lighting up toes and hands is fun.