autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

At the gas station..

So filling up after work today I was watching this M3 going through the 'touchless' wash. I was cringing as the pain of course. After he was out of it he rolled up behind me parked. He took out a 'microfiber' and started to dry his car.

I finished filling up and went over to talk to him. Told him he had a nice car but he's putting scratches all over it by going through the wash and using a crappy MF with poor technique. I asked him if he ever gets his car detailed and he said, "oh yeah about once a month". I was kinda confused considering he just ran it through an automatic carwash and you don't need to get your car buffed once a month! I told him I detail cars on the side and would gladly do his car the correct way.

Funny thing is, he insisted that his car was swirl free. I said, 'Ok, have a nice day ' and drove away. Random story, but I thought it was pretty funny how closed minded people can be sometimes.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: At the gas station..

Probably just doesnt know any better, seems like a nice guy.

How do you know whether his car was swirl free or not? Did you see it under full sun?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Probably just doesnt know any better, seems like a nice guy.

How do you know whether his car was swirl free or not? Did you see it under full sun?
    Oh yeah he was a very nice guy, just wish he would've taken up on my offer. Yeah, I was standing right next to it in the full sun. Saw plently of swirls. He had some broken english and I think he meant that he cleans his car once a month not an actual detail.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

as they say - ignorance is bliss

Post Thanks / Like

hey, if you didn't know how much would you of saved from detailing stuff

Post Thanks / Like

This is why you keep a swirl finder in your car to prove him wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maximus20895 View Post
    This is why you keep a swirl finder in your car to prove him wrong!
    The Brinkman is definitely on my list for next order!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfootwork View Post
    So filling up after work today I was watching this M3 going through the 'touchless' wash. I was cringing as the pain of course. After he was out of it he rolled up behind me parked. He took out a 'microfiber' and started to dry his car.

I finished filling up and went over to talk to him. Told him he had a nice car but he's putting scratches all over it by going through the wash and using a crappy MF with poor technique. I asked him if he ever gets his car detailed and he said, "oh yeah about once a month". I was kinda confused considering he just ran it through an automatic carwash and you don't need to get your car buffed once a month! I told him I detail cars on the side and would gladly do his car the correct way.

Funny thing is, he insisted that his car was swirl free. I said, 'Ok, have a nice day ' and drove away. Random story, but I thought it was pretty funny how closed minded people can be sometimes.

I don't understand what makes MEN do that their cars. Women i can excuse but guyz...NO. He's obviously has NO knowledge of what he's doing to the M3.
    Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

Post Thanks / Like

My dad had a black '95 M3. Took it to a qrtr wash and insisted on using the "foam brush".

One day, he plunked in the quarters and foam-brushed the entire car.....only to realize the guy before him had used the foam brush to clean white paint that had just spilled in the bed of his pickup!!!!! The car was COVERED in smeared white paint....the car was still warm from the sun and the whit paint started to dry. It was a nightmare.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinystang View Post
    My dad had a black '95 M3. Took it to a qrtr wash and insisted on using the "foam brush".

One day, he plunked in the quarters and foam-brushed the entire car.....only to realize the guy before him had used the foam brush to clean white paint that had just spilled in the bed of his pickup!!!!! The car was COVERED in smeared white paint....the car was still warm from the sun and the whit paint started to dry. It was a nightmare.
    Oh my god, so what did he do??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast