autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures from Barrett-Jackson 2010 - Mothers Virtual Power Tour

Pictures from Barrett-Jackson 2010 - Mothers Virtual Power Tour

I had the opportunity to work with Victor Scalco and the Mothers Special Events Team including Eric Dunn from Lake Country Manufacturing at this year's Barrett-Jackson Auction in West Palm Beach Florida and it was a BLAST!

Setting up the Mothers booth is a huge project but the finished project is worth the effort and communicates to car enthusiasts that Mothers is hardcore when it come to car care...

A view from inside looking out while it was still early in the morning... once the crowds show up it's standing room only!

Hands-on displays where attendees can try out the product themselves to see how well they work...

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures from Barrett-Jackson 2010 - Mothers Virtual Power Tour

Inside the Auction tent on display is the Black Knight, built by Rich Evans of HuntingtonBeachBodywork.com

Victor Scalco from Mothers adds some shine, in this picture he's using the 83432 Foam Pad Polish from Mothers Professional Line.

Official Sponsor of Barrett-Jackson Auctions
    Mothers is the official polish and wax Sponsor of Barrett-Jackson Auctions and Mothers also runs the official detail centers where the auction cars are cleaned, polished and perfected before going over the auction block and when going over the block Mothers Technicians keep the cars shining by wiping off dust and finger-pints.

Looking good!

A couple forum members from the primary forum I post on, AutogeekOnline.net stopped by to say hi while checking out the cars and all the vendor's booths...

Can’t remember this gentleman’s forum name… if he contacts me I’ll edit this post and add his name.

Merlin

Swag!
    It was a lot of fun working the Mothers Special Event's Team on Friday and Saturday at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in West Palm Beach and they loaded me up with some really cool Mothers Gear at the end of the show...

Mothers Shirts, Hats and the really cool Mothers/Chip Foose Detail Bag can be found here,

Mothers Cool Gear

Mike Phillips

Now on to the Mothers Virtual Power Tour with pictures of cars at the 2010 Barrett-Jackson Auction in West Palm Beach, Florida

If you look at the B-Pillar on the car below, you can see rotary buffer swirls, this is why I always say,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
    You can have the greatest painter in the world paint your car but it’s the guy that
    does the wet-sanding, cutting and polishing that makes or breaks the paint job

Looking for a way to keep your car dust-free and safe from bird droppings?

Back in the 1950’s Continental Kits were very popular as a way to hold a spare tire without taking up room in the trunk and adding a little bling at that same time.

This is an AMC Javelin, I think it was a 1970 or 1971, these had the Coke bottle style fender lines like classic Corvettes from the 1970’s and 1980’s and you could get them with BIG BLOCKS!

Firebird in very original shape…

The fins on this 1960 Impala are referred to has “Horizontal Fins” as compared to the "Vertical Fins" on a 1959 Cadillac.

Behemoths… there isn’t any cursed black pebble textured plastic trim on cars like these

This is a Jeep Scrambler which was a convertible Jeep Truck available in the 1980’s I believe, they are pretty hard to find now days…

1957 or 58 Ford Fairlane Retractable Top Convertible

Check out the cool lights and siren on this old Fire Department Emergency Car, this would be the vehicle the Chief would usually ride in to the scene of a major fire.

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Note: I didn't have time or the ability to carry a clipboard with me and write down details about each car, there were too many cars to look at and too much ground to cover.

My comments about years, makes and models is drawn from memory about these cars and by usually looking at the grills, hoods or body styles to place the year of manufacture. If I make a mistake on the title of a car please let me know and I'll make the change, I'm confident everyone else would never make a mistake.

Ford Fairlane Convertible, you could get these with a 390 Big Block...

1978 Ford Thunderbird

This is a Corvair Passenger Van and came with an air-cooled flat 6 cylinder engine...

Buick Skylark - Note the wing on the back...

1971 or 1972 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Short Bed Truck

Kind of a strange looking two-tone paint job on this old Chevrolet Apache Truck

Early Pontiac Trans Am...

1967 GTO... you could get one of these with a 389 Big Block...

Oldsmobile 442

1950 Ford 2-Door Club Coupe

I think this is a 1958 Ford Edsel...

A lot of times I'll take the picture of the dash on a classic car because they are so
    unique and stylistic compared to the disposable cars manufactured today...

I think this was a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible...

1969 Pontiac GTO

1968 Camaro...

Z28 Camaro

Jeepster...

Chevelle

Note the wax residue around the letters... see this article... TOGW = The Other Guy's Wax

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Note: I didn't have time or the ability to carry a clipboard with me and write down details about each car, there were too many cars to look at and too much ground to cover.

My comments about years, makes and models is drawn from memory about these cars and by usually looking at the grills, hoods or body styles to place the year of manufacture. If I make a mistake on the title of a car please let me know and I'll make the change. I'm pretty good at getting close but don't always get it perfect when dating a car, make and model.

Pontiac Safari Woodie Station Wagon, don't remember what the grill looked like even though I looked at
    the front of the car but judging by the fender lines I would guess this is a 1952 or 1953 vintage.

This is an Oldsmobile Rocket 88 and my guess is it's about a 1952 to 1954...

1964 Chevrolet Malibu

If you don't know what the word Yenko means, do a Google search and type in the name Don Yenko

1959 Cadillac Coupe de Ville - These had the largest vertical fins to ever come out of Detroit and came with a 390 Big Block Engine with a a 4-Speed Hydra-Matic Transmission.
    (I've owned 5 of these cars but none were ever as nice as this one).

Massive Fins and Dual Bullet Taillights mark the 1959 Cadillac as an Icon of automotive design at the end of the 1950's....

Everywhere you go you find muscle cars often times with Big Blocks, like these two Chevelles...

Going by the curves of the back fender, I think this is a 1951 to 1952 Belair Coupe

More SS Chevelles...

This is about a 1951 Chevrolet Belair... note the Split Front Windshield

1965 to 67 Pontiac, not sure the model... Tempest?

Here's a very well preserved old race car

Buick Skylark I believe, about a 1972...
    Back in the late 1970's and even early 1980's these were looked down upon when compared to a Chevelle or Mustang...

This was cool looking, I like it because I always referred to my Sanger Drag Boat as a "Corvette on the water"

Oldsmobile 442 Convertible... my guess is about a 1968 or 1969, the fender lines are throwing me...

Mike Phillips

Continued...

My comments about years, makes and models is drawn from memory about these cars and by usually looking at the grills, hoods or body styles to place the year of manufacture. If I make a mistake on the title of a car please let me know and I'll make the change. I'm pretty good at getting close but don't always get it perfect when dating a car, make and model.

This is a Studebaker Avanti...

1973 Dodge Dart - Hot Pink Paint really makes this car stand out... all white interior looked very good too...

REO Speedwagon

There were quite of few Trans Ams at this auction, the Trans Am was made famous by Burt Reynolds and Sally Field in the movie, Smokey and the Bandit

Some exceptional 1957 Chevrolets...

Did anyone see what tis 1957 Convertible sold for? This thing was HOT

This was a cool shot, coming off the fins and showing row after row of hot cars...

This isn't no Toyota Prius...

Yet another Big Block Chevy SS

Mike Phillips

Continued...

More Big Blocks Chevys...

This was a special edition big block powered Chevy Truck produced from 1990 to 1993

A very beautiful 1971 Corvette with a 454 Big Block Chevy...

More Trans Ams... first a little Burt and Sally for effect...

Another shot looking back from where I came from...

This Road Runner was clean enough to eat off of...

There were a few of the elegant breed on hand like this Bently which added a little variety to the large selection of Detroit Iron Muscle Cars....

A very cool 1960 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible...

This is low flying jet...

Mike Phillips

Continued...

This is the interior of the 1960 Bonneville Convertible, pretty roomy huh?

Usually the chrome horn ring is broken off old classics like this because they are made from pot metal which breaks easy...

Ford Shelby GT 500

Ford Galaxie 500

This is called a Tear Drop Hood Scoop and was popular in the 1970’s, I remember seeing
    them for sale in the J.C. Whitney Catalog for years and years in the 1970’s and 1980’s

1965 Chevy 1/2 Ton Stepside Shorty... This is the same front clip used to make
    the
    1966 Chevy Milk Truck I used to own, which had a 396 Big Block Chevy...

The very rare and very cool and also very sought after 1968 California Special...

Sorry, this one is out of focus a little...

Another Chevelle with a 454 Big Block Chevy...

Oldsmobile 442

Pontiac Fire Chicken err I mean Firebird...

Mike Phillips

Continued...

1955 Chevrolet Belair

1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport

1969 Dodge Super Bee

Functional Hood Scoop (Most hood scoops are just for looks)

The business side of a real air scoop... air goes in... explosion happens... car moves forward real fast...

Here's what you would be looking at as you go through the gears and the front wheels come up off the ground...

Cockpit of the GTX...

And yet another Big Block 1966 Chevelle SS - What's the manly grunting sound Tim from Tool Time makes?

Mike Phillips

Continued...

1968 Plymouth GTX

Austin Healey 3000

1969 Shelby Mustang GT 350

What a great looking air scoop... no wonder they're making the new Mustangs look like the old Mustangs...

1969 Camaro Rally Sport

And here's a Z-28 Camaro...

Back in the 1950's the Jet Age and our Space Program had a strong influence on car designs...

1968 Dodge Dart with a 426 Hemi Engine

1941 Cadillac

Note the interesting dash gauges with a combination of a rectangular gauges
    next to a large round speedometer... Also note the split windshield...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast