autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474757677787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

gotta hand it to both hyundai and kia, they invested a lot of money early into the EV segment where as most other auto manufacturers hadn't. no doubt they will be leaders in the EV world and keep pushing the envelope...
    i am the jump starter.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wanna see how far Hyundai has come in 2 decades...right hereCan you Believe this is a Hyundai️A 2003 Elantra and my 2023 ElantraCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Odrapnew, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wanna see how far Hyundai has come in 2 decades...right hereCan you Believe this is a Hyundai️A 2003 Elantra and my 2023 ElantraCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Different rims??

Joking

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha! I remember those original Hyundai's. I had a college roommate who had one circa 1995 and that car was junk. The engine/transmission seemed to be OK, but the rest of the car was falling apart from new. I also got one as a rental car about that same time and remember not only how I was simply hoping it wouldn't die before I had to return it. The one specific memory from both cars is the defroster was useless. If you got any fogging in side the car, you better have towel handy because the defroster didn't actually move any air...despite all the fan noise.

Today, I'd certainly consider one once the whole theft problem dies down and insurance rates on them return to normal.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Ha! I remember those original Hyundai's. I had a college roommate who had one circa 1995 and that car was junk. The engine/transmission seemed to be OK, but the rest of the car was falling apart from new. I also got one as a rental car about that same time and remember not only how I was simply hoping it wouldn't die before I had to return it. The one specific memory from both cars is the defroster was useless. If you got any fogging in side the car, you better have towel handy because the defroster didn't actually move any air...despite all the fan noise.

Today, I'd certainly consider one once the whole theft problem dies down and insurance rates on them return to normal.
    Isn't the theft thing for ones that still use a keyCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the theft thing for ones that still use a keyCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

The theft problem is for those which still us a key, but the insurance companies often don't base their rates on the base trim of a model. They only look at the model across all trim packages when accessing risk and establishing rates. Because there are so many of them being stolen right now (and the theft rates are still climbing), they are charging exorbitant rates or simply not issuing new policies for those vehicles (i.e. if you buy a new/used one, they won't issue a policy for it).

Two personal examples from people we know. One bought a used Soul not long ago, and the insurance on that one vehicle is more than his other two cars combined. Another was looking at a recent, used, Santa Fe and their insurance wouldn't issue a policy on it at all. Both had push button starts and were not base models.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai N | N Day 2023 The all-new IONIQ 5 N World Premiere - YouTube

I know not everyone is a fan of the brand, whether it's the unknown, the rumors or that all important thing....badgeCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

FWIW I'm not really a fan of EV's but that has more to do with HOW it's being forced down our throats, disregard of the lack of infrastructure, TRUE cost of owning them, HOW and WHERE the materials come from for their batteries and lastly but not least, the usual smugness of its ownersCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Yes the Porsche/Audi EV's (Taycan Turbo/S & RS e-TRON GT are incredible looking and have immense perf, but they're not a designated ride like this IONIC5 N or as I'm calling it...5NCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Enjoy the video!

Post Thanks / Like

wow, N version of an EV. some serious torque/hp here, this is going to be a rocket! btw, i'm partial to this type of hatchback, i like it...

it's great to see Albert Beirmann (ex-BMW M Chief Engineer) happy and enthusiastic which hasn't always been the case where he was before...
    i am the jump starter.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know not everyone is a fan of the brand, whether it's the unknown, the rumors or that all important thing....badge
    some will never change and always dwell on the past. yes, hyundai has had issues with internal combustion engines (ICE) and so have many other car manufacturers. my nephew has a 2014 elantra (over 200,000 miles) that has never seen anything other than oil changes, tires, brakes, and it still runs with no issues even though it's exterior/interior condition is rough (he never took care of it). i'm sure some have had the opposite so it comes down to personal experience. moving forward with EV's, the complaint about hyundai's ICE is no longer valid and i'm curious to hear people still blame it on the same thing. everyone has a choice like anything else on what brand they want to buy, but don't dismiss hyundai/kia now or in the future...

if any auto maufacturer hasn't invested into EV's (shame on them), they are going to be way behind easily a few years. electronics move at a very fast pace (look at mobile phones) and is constantly moving forward. as i mentioned before, hyundai/kia have invested a lot of money into EV's for quite some time now and are going to receive more recognition in the years to come. definitely a leader and not a follower moving forward...
    i am the jump starter.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a 412 mile round trip to see my oldest daughter on the westside of Michigan today. On the way there, 1 slow down due to an accident, we got 37.2 mpg doing 65-75 mph, not sure what we got coming back because I skipped getting gas because it was late.

Btw this isn't the computer doing the mileage, it was using the calculator, it doesn't lie. I liked the $4.55 a gallon for Shell V-power 93 octane tooCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474757677787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast