autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    by far the best looking car they have produced to-date.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    II never thought I'd be so excited about EV's but I am (but only from the outside looking in)
    Have you driven an electric car yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I watched "The Late Brake Show" coverage of this car, Johnny nail the review and with the addition of THIS, the upcoming GV60 and Ionic5 and EV6 sprouting up all over the place, not sure how "PT Barnum" can maintain his "car company" now that a REAL mfg has made THESE 4 and they're just getting warmed up. I never thought I'd be so excited about EV's but I am (but only from the outside looking in)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Blasphemy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I watched "The Late Brake Show" coverage of this car, Johnny nail the review and with the addition of THIS, the upcoming GV60 and Ionic5 and EV6 sprouting up all over the place, not sure how "PT Barnum" can maintain his "car company" now that a REAL mfg has made THESE 4 and they're just getting warmed up. I never thought I'd be so excited about EV's but I am (but only from the outside looking in)
    It's not only Hyundia/Kia that make the case for Tesla much harder these days. GM, Ford and Rivian have/will beat the silly Cybertruck to market with products that are actually usable and have body panels any body shop can fix. There are plenty of cars/SUVs from Polestar, Hyndia/Kia, Nissan, VW, Mini, Mercedes, etc to meet your needs from a price and capability standpoint. They will probably all be much better built than any Tesla at this point.

The only compelling argument for Tesla, as I see it, is their charging network. As long as you stay on the interstates and hop from one major city to the next, you've got a good shot at finding a level 3 charging station, and one that is actually functional. It's a total crap shoot with anyone else.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Have you driven an electric car yet?
    NoCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

NoCan you Believe this is a Hyundai
    They’re different but the faster ones are a unique experience. They just go. No waiting for an engine to spool or a transmission to drop, they just go immediately when asked. I’ve driven a few Tesla Model 3s and a Mustang Mach E and if I wanted to pass someone, it was a done deal, even at 80. They don’t handle quite as nice due to the weight but every car has a trade off but that is somewhat mitigated by the AWD that is common on performance oriented electric vehicles. Of course, electric vehicles are missing the visceral feedback that a large engine ICE can provide but there are many enthusiasts that keep a weekend car for fun.

Of course, there are many reasons to consider an electric vehicle and just as many on why not to buy an electric vehicle right now. So I’m definitely not trying to convince people that they should buy one as use cases and situations matter, mot to mention they’re expensive.

One of these days I’ll get me an electric car but I no longer drive enough to need a new car.

9. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I spew HEMI exhaust fumes in electric cars' general direction...........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    They’re different but the faster ones are a unique experience. They just go. No waiting for an engine to spool or a transmission to drop, they just go immediately when asked. I’ve driven a few Tesla Model 3s and a Mustang Mach E and if I wanted to pass someone, it was a done deal, even at 80.
    Instant torque is nice and they definitely are quick but it isn't really until you cross into the Tesla S or above level that they are really all that. The M3P is quick but still not IMO fast. The problem is they run out of steam up top. Mid 11's is a good time but 115-118mph shows the power to weight issue you touch on. I still remember spanking one in my S4 which ran low 11's all day at 120mph. From a roll, she was a beast for what she was. Add in the pops and sounds as she made her way down the track and it's a good time. The reason I never kept my Tesla M3 was more in part to quality and fit/finish and especially the interior. I just couldn't do it.

I'm chiming in because I'm about to post up the Porsche Taycan I just did. Fun car too but not quite up to the Porsche interior level I am used to either. Nice ride though.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes PaulMys, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Instant torque is nice and they definitely are quick but it isn't really until you cross into the Tesla S or above level that they are really all that. The M3P is quick but still not IMO fast. The problem is they run out of steam up top. Mid 11's is a good time but 115-118mph shows the power to weight issue you touch on. I still remember spanking one in my S4 which ran low 11's all day at 120mph. From a roll, she was a beast for what she was. Add in the pops and sounds as she made her way down the track and it's a good time. The reason I never kept my Tesla M3 was more in part to quality and fit/finish and especially the interior. I just couldn't do it.

I'm chiming in because I'm about to post up the Porsche Taycan I just did. Fun car too but not quite up to the Porsche interior level I am used to either. Nice ride though.
    Completely different use case that I don’t even consider is track day or over 100 but my cars are daily drivers. If I were thinking track day, I’d rather a Miata with some electric power as the regular Miata handles tremendously but its power is a damn joke. Probably only enough room to go 50 miles in an electric Miata though. Taycan would be a fun car but not enough rear leg room for when I want to take the whole family along. I guess that’s why they make so many different models. Thanks for sharing your viewpoint.

Post Thanks / Like

15. Likes dgage, CleanIT liked this post
Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast