autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

I'm just happy those brands still have a design department that believes in actually making a car look good and distinctive, rather than cranking out a line of boring blobs like most seem to be doing today...or falling into the ugly pit like BMW has. I spotted my first Ioniq while on a business trip last week and really liked it. As I'm typing this I just spied my first Kia EV6 out my office window; great looking car too. Genesis keeps knocking out the home runs.

I also have to applaud Hyundia for bringing out the N line and making them actual performance cars and not a cosmetic package. Most brands have forgotten that people still like to drive fun cars.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'm just happy those brands still have a design department that believes in actually making a car look good and distinctive, rather than cranking out a line of boring blobs like most seem to be doing today...or falling into the ugly pit like BMW has. I spotted my first Ioniq while on a business trip last week and really liked it. As I'm typing this I just spied my first Kia EV6 out my office window; great looking car too. Genesis keeps knocking out the home runs.

I also have to applaud Hyundia for bringing out the N line and making them actual performance cars and not a cosmetic package. Most brands have forgotten that people still like to drive fun cars.
    Don't confuse N-line with N. That said I just found out the Sonata N-line, which has the 2.5 turbo (290/311) & 8 spd DCT runs a 13.6@105 mph...HUUUGE sleeperCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Don't confuse N-line with N.
    Ugh. Thanks. I meant the line of specific N cars like yours and the Veloster (the Nero is more cosmetic from what I understand). And not the N-line cars. Maybe I should have said the "line of N cars..."

The marketing teams really need to get over this trend of blending the branding between their in-house tuners and the "lesser" models with some performance bits sprinkled around them. This lead to stuff like BMW's M cars and their M Sport packages, Audi with the S Line packages and S cars, and Hyundia as you pointed out. VW uses "R" for cosmetics outside the Golf R, which is a mechanically better car. Mercedes just slaps AMG badges on cars that aren't really AMG's with the hand built, bespoke engines....

What every happened to making the "sport" packages on cars actually sporty with mechanical upgrades and not simply a cosmetic package? I'll get off my soap box....

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, dgage, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Ugh. Thanks. I meant the line of specific N cars like yours and the Veloster (the Nero is more cosmetic from what I understand). And not the N-line cars. Maybe I should have said the "line of N cars..."

The marketing teams really need to get over this trend of blending the branding between their in-house tuners and the "lesser" models with some performance bits sprinkled around them. This lead to stuff like BMW's M cars and their M Sport packages, Audi with the S Line packages and S cars, and Hyundia as you pointed out. VW uses "R" for cosmetics outside the Golf R, which is a mechanically better car. Mercedes just slaps AMG badges on cars that aren't really AMG's with the hand built, bespoke engines....

What every happened to making the "sport" packages on cars actually sporty with mechanical upgrades and not simply a cosmetic package? I'll get off my soap box....
    I'm a car guy but that first paragraph completely confused me. Then I understood with your second paragraph. Damn marketing messing things up again.

7. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I'm a car guy but that first paragraph completely confused me. Then I understood with your second paragraph. Damn marketing messing things up again.
    Not to beat a dead horse...OK I will a bit...but it confuses lots of people. I've fallen for it too. What makes it even WORSE is when an automaker starts slapping the same badging logo's on the different type of vehicles.

When I owned my 435i MSport that thing had ///M badges everywhere. Steering wheel, shift knob, wheels, engine cover, even the door scuff plates. I de-badged the car and people frequently asked how I liked my M4. Sigh... They couldn't understand why the car wasn't an M4, yet it had all the silly badges. I did the same thing the first time I saw an "R" logo on VW CC or Tiguan. I was a little excited until I looked up the vehicles on VW's web site.

I've not seen many Hyundia's of either "flavor". Hopefully they make the separation a little more distinctive.

9. Likes Klasse Act, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Had a fun little run in with a new Genesis G70 the other morning on the way into work.

I've got a fun cloverleaf from a side road onto the main highway that I get to myself nearly every morning where I get to put a little heat into my SuperSports. Largely steady state with a little pinch at the end as you get the entrance lane to the highway. Had a nice clean G70 in front of me on the side road leading up to it, and I was worried I was gonna lose out on the fun.

Nope! They had some nice hustle making the right turn onto the clover, and sure enough running them down they were definitely going for it.

Was gonna give them a thumbs up for the fun, but they played the race-off-through-traffic card which I'm just not up for.

12. Likes Klasse Act, SNP209, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai KONA N - a troubled personality? - YouTube

Been following her channel for years. Came for the looks, stayed for the content and passion/personality! She's a "car guy"Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    I watched "The Late Brake Show" coverage of this car, Johnny nail the review and with the addition of THIS, the upcoming GV60 and Ionic5 and EV6 sprouting up all over the place, not sure how "PT Barnum" can maintain his "car company" now that a REAL mfg has made THESE 4 and they're just getting warmed up. I never thought I'd be so excited about EV's but I am (but only from the outside looking in)

Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast