autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Wheel HOF right there^^^^

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wheel HOF right there^^^^

Those are the ones that got away…… thought about them for the camaro…… but no. I’m intent on doing a jdm style wheel on the chevelle.

Problem is if there is enough lip and i’ve always wanted them in bronze. Don’t think it would look good with chrome and white stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Those are the ones that got away…… thought about them for the camaro…… but no. I’m intent on doing a jdm style wheel on the chevelle.

Problem is if there is enough lip and i’ve always wanted them in bronze. Don’t think it would look good with chrome and white stripes.

The wheels you are looking for on a classic muscle car will be very interesting when you decide which you decide which one you end up going with!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

The wheels you are looking for on a classic muscle car will be very interesting when you decide which you decide which one you end up going with!

Yeah i saw an old article (Options maybe?)about classic muscles in japan and the cars were a fusion of classic detroit mixed with JDM.

These are my two favorite types of cars (would take an R34 over a Porsche or corvette anyday).

I felt in tune with these cars.

Maybe cuz my mama was asian and papa was a redneck Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...dfd27a27_c.jpg

6. Likes NightDrive43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t mind the N wheels. I’m sure I could find an upgrade if need be haha.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

8. Likes NightDrive43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    I don’t mind the N wheels. I’m sure I could find an upgrade if need be haha.
    You do realize they're Gloss black inserted, right? Also the aspect ratio is 35%. Dropping down to an 18 allows for a 40% aspect ratio and 245mm width tires, this is what my buddy has on that Veloster N I posted. On smooth roads though that 19" wheel w/35% aspect ratio rode good! I drove it from Helen GA to Decatur TN and got to experience all types of situations, this is why I know it's on my short list for next car...whenever that happensCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Post Thanks / Like

You do realize they're Gloss black inserted, right? Also the aspect ratio is 35%. Dropping down to an 18 allows for a 40% aspect ratio and 245mm width tires, this is what my buddy has on that Veloster N I posted. On smooth roads though that 19" wheel w/35% aspect ratio rode good! I drove it from Helen GA to Decatur TN and got to experience all types of situations, this is why I know it's on my short list for next car...whenever that happensCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Another advantage of going from 19" OEM wheels to aftermarket 18's is unsprung weight.

For my autocross wheel set, I from 19x8 in the front and 19x8.5 in the rear to 18x8.5 square. I saved 12lbs per corner in the back and 9lbs per corner in the front. The difference is noticeable. Not everyone will save that much weight depending on wheel size, but even a 5lbs per corner weight savings will help. I saved around 6~7 lbs per corner on my GTI and could feel the difference there too.

A lot of people don't realize there are very few performance advantages in going above an 18" wheel unless you've got a set of monster brakes and are forced to use something larger. Wheels get heavier, tires get more expensive, and the narrower sidewall rides rougher and is more vulnerable to damage. It's a fine line between too much sidewall and too little, but the tire being used plays heavily into that as well.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I do the same thing. My Camaro had aftermarket replica of the ZL1 1LE the previous owner put on. The fit perfectly (20x10,20x11) and look good but i want to change them out because they look stock.

All the Camaro owners seem to do this. Weird to me.

I still look at wheels weekly but my car budget needs to go to her sister. I have to literally stop myself from looking Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

https://images.fitmentindustries.com...2-gunmetal.jpg

I love JDM’s (KDM’s?). And this is a spectacular example of your car…. Minus the spoiler for me.

I had a Challenger RT, I bought new in 2012. People do the same thing with those, at the time it was the Viper rep wheels, now its the Hellcat reps. I actually put viper wheels on mine and thought it looked good, I wouldn't do it again with another car though...I was 19 at the time lol.

I like the JDM wheels too, I'm a little torn though because I dont want to lower this car.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Desertnate, KlasseAct I hear what you guys are saying.

I thought the same thing about the wheel weight and all that. What surprised me was guys on the VN forum talking about how dropping to 18s weighing 19lbs each, somehow made the car handle worse, and didn't improve the ride quality much. Then they start talking about scrub radius, and the car being made as a whole with the heavy (30lbs), 55 Offset, stock wheels. They lost me on that, hitting bumps in this thing is kinda rough. Only reason I think Hyundai has 19s on this and the new Elantra N, is because of looks.

I've had 35 aspect ratio before but that was on a 255/305 tire set up on a lowered S550 5.0, and the VN is rougher.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I'd agree with some of the comments from fellow VN forum. It's a pretty universally accepted concept in the motorsports world that unsprung weight is the devil. Most of the time the easiest ways to to fight that is to go with a smaller, lighter wheel. A good example is the SCCA SOLO class called SCC. It's a spec class for the BRZ and FRS where you actually buy the parts kit to ensure everyone is the same. One of the main components in the kit is the 17x8 wheels with 225 series tires vs the 17 or 18" wheels and 205 series tires they normally come with.

As for scrub radius, I really don't think you are going to change the geometry enough to have a negative impact on the handling with a smaller, wider, and lighter wheel. Lowering it would probably have a much bigger impact. You will change the shape of the contact patch and optimize it for handling lateral forces...it will handle better in the corners. In the autocross world, regardless of class, the very first modification everyone does is lighter/smaller/wider wheels and tires.

I've gone two directions with lighter wheels. On my previous car, a GTI, the wheels were the same 18" size and offset, but were around 8~10 lbs lighter than the OEM's on my car. It was already running a limited edition set which were lighter than the "peelers" found on that gen of car. The difference in unsprung weight was quite noticeable. The ride was much smoother and the car felt more agile. On my current BMW I run OEM 19" wheels daily, but swap to a much lighter and slightly wider 18" set of wheels and tires. Again ride is noticeably improved despite running tires with a stiffer sidewall (no..I don't run runflats on the OEMs) and again the car feels much more agile with the wider foot print and about 40lbs less weight hanging off the axles.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

15. Thanks T-STeve, NightDrive43 thanked for this post
    Likes NightDrive43 liked this post
Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast