autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    So very true. Caddy has a host of great names from it's past. I don't get why they don't use those rather than making up words with no meaning.

I've not seen anything that projects the CT6 or any full size sedan beyond the 2019 model year (production ends June 1st) and the CT6-V may be the "swan song" for that car. It will go out with a V8-powered blaze of glory. The XTS should have been given a Viking burial years ago....

The CTS and ATS are both going away. This news has been out for a couple of years. (Cadillac ATS, CTS and XTS will be discontinued in favor of crossovers and SUVs and other media sources) Both of those cars will be replaced by a car rumored to be called the CT5. That vehicle has been seen testing on the road and is supposedly sized between the two cars it replaces. There is also rumor of a CT4 which will compete with the Audi A2 and Mercedes A-Class, but nothing has been spotted so far.

The ATS was always the size of sedan I liked since the current CTS was just too big. However, there were a few things which kept me away which that amazing suspension and a huge bellowing V8 in the ATS-V couldn't overcome. I had no interest in the 4-cyclinder models.
    I’m not disagreeing with you about them being around after 2019, all I was saying is that they will be around until the end of 2019 which should be enough time for them to decide whether they’re going to bring their A game to the table or fade into uncharted waters and basically give up a huge chunk of their legacy as a luxury car maker. It’ll be a sad day if that’s what they end up doing.

GM has dropped the ball for so many years...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’m not disagreeing with you about them being around after 2019, all I was saying is that they will be around until the end of 2019 which should be enough time for them to decide whether they’re going to bring their A game to the table or fade into uncharted waters and basically give up a huge chunk of their legacy as a luxury car maker. It’ll be a sad day if that’s what they end up doing.

GM has dropped the ball for so many years...
    Got it. Sorry...I misunderstood where you were going with your comments.

I was pretty surprised to see the CT6 get axed. By all accounts it was a pretty good car (I've only seen 2~3 on the road and none in person) and it was the showcase for all their autonomous tech. If GM is supposed to be investing more in autonomy and hybrids, I find it pretty short sided to tank your test platform...even if it doesn't sell very sell. I'd rather introduce new tech on a platform with fewer numbers and a more loyal customer base than a platform sold in huge numbers. If something goes wrong or doesn't live up to expectations, the damage is much easier to monitor and control.

GM, Ford, Fiat/Chrystler/Dodge are simply following the US marketplace. Their cars don't sell, but the SUVs and trucks do which means cars fade into the sunset. Caddy will still be a luxury *vehicle* builder, it just means that rather than building large floaty cars, they'll build large floaty SUV's and CUV's
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Genesis G90 gets a new look in full redesign - Autoblog

Mic drop IMO and check out those "Rotiform-esque" rims!!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Have you seen the new one? It's a new brand, it's going to take time but with NO Cadillac cars soon, NO Continental soon and the 300 going away as well, Genesis will just slide right in there. Btw, these Genesis cars are RWD, full sized, just the way people like em'.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The reason why you dont see more Genesis' on the road is because the company is trying to compete with the big dogs and their lease rates are way out of wack. The residual values on the G90 is 41%! I owned a V8 G80 and loved it. I leased it for 490 a month and now the same car is over 800 a month with $3,000 down. It is ridiculous. Also, they haulted all production in the middle of 2018 because they struggled to getting their separate business license to officially separate the brands. My cousin is the sales manager at a Hyundai/Genesis dealership and they cant sell them. Buyers are going to other luxury brands and taking advantage of their lower lease rates. Hopefully they will have their act together next year and reduce their lease rates. They are beautiful cars though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    The reason why you dont see more Genesis' on the road is because the company is trying to compete with the big dogs and their lease rates are way out of wack. The residual values on the G90 is 41%! I owned a V8 G80 and loved it. I leased it for 490 a month and now the same car is over 800 a month with $3,000 down. It is ridiculous. Also, they haulted all production in the middle of 2018 because they struggled to getting their separate business license to officially separate the brands. My cousin is the sales manager at a Hyundai/Genesis dealership and they cant sell them. Buyers are going to other luxury brands and taking advantage of their lower lease rates. Hopefully they will have their act together next year and reduce their lease rates. They are beautiful cars though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    hopefully, they get it figured out sooner than later which i'm sure they are working on. one thing for sure, Hyundai/Kia have grown and accomplished a lot in such a short amount of time compared to other auto manufacturers who have been around nearly twice as long. they both have been solid in their IQ ratings and i don't see them placing out of the top 10 anytime soon and that's with the luxury brands combined. they both have been steady in the top 5 (Kia #1 2016-17) the past few years. i look forward to seeing how the Hyundai N division evolves...

8. Thanks FUNX650 thanked for this post
    Likes rwisejr, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

That's right!

That's identical to the first one I've ever seen on the road, really stands out in the crowd!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    I watched this and for three life of me couldn't figure out why the F they call this car a compact? This show has been on the air for 35 years so I'm sure they know what a compact IS and more importantly here, ISNT!! In case they (MW) see this, the Civic, Elantra, Corolla, etc ARE compacts!

Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast