autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    here's the one from last year (16'). no non luxury brand has ever nailed the #1 spot in over 20+ years and KIA took it. notice Hyundai was #3. some still have the old brand perception which they need to get over, that could be said many years ago but not anymore...
    Some really interesting info in there, if I can analyze it a little. First, Honda really went down the crapper. Second, pretty interesting how the brands of the same company are grouped very closely together: Kia/Hyundai, Ram/Chrysler/Dodge, Audi/Volkswagen, Chevy/Buick, Lincoln/Ford, Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota/Lexus. But also some interesting other points: GMC is a ways from Chevy/Buick, and Cadillac is much further--and the worst of GM; Scion is a world away from Toyota...maybe it's just as well they scrapped that brand; Porsche has obviously kept their independence within Volkswagen; BMW obviously needs to give some training to their Mini brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    First, Honda really went down the crapper.
    i'm a honda fan and they've been good to our family for many years, but i don't think i would buy another one again due to the fact that the paint quality sucks..

just a thought... who knows at some point if/when Hyundai/Kia will offer a Lifetime Warranty on their batteries (think samsung/lg technology) in their Hybrids (unless they already do) which we all know are quite expensive (a big incentive for someone who is looking for one). then what is the competition going to do...

btw, anyone see the new prius? talk about ugly, it looks like something out of the jetsons...

Post Thanks / Like

just a thought... who knows at some point if/when Hyundai/Kia will offer a Lifetime Warranty on their batteries (think samsung/lg technology) in their Hybrids which we all know are quite expensive (a big incentive for someone who is looking for one). then what is the competition going to do...
    They've already got the battery under the 10 year/100K mile warranty, as we discussed in another thread, the hybrid batteries seem to have been a non-issue, despite all the concern. My take on it would be that likely with how battery technology advances, that in 10 years the battery would be a lot cheaper than it is now.

btw, anyone see the new prius? talk about ugly, it looks like something out of the jetsons...
    Yeah, they certainly took an interesting twist with that...a bit of a throwback to the distinctly Japanese styling of the 70's Toyotas. It was also pretty interesting, given the proximity of Chevy to Toyota on the IQS chart, that Car & Driver compared the Volt to the Plug Prius (now Prius Prime) and declared the Volt the winner, by far.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm a honda fan and they've been good to our family for many years, but i don't think i would buy another one again due to the fact that the paint quality sucks..

just a thought... who knows at some point if/when Hyundai/Kia will offer a Lifetime Warranty on their batteries (think samsung/lg technology) in their Hybrids (unless they already do) which we all know are quite expensive (a big incentive for someone who is looking for one). then what is the competition going to do...

They already do offer a lifetime warranty, this is straight form the ioniq webpage

Lifetime Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty
    The high-capacity lithium-ion polymer battery pack is a technological marvel. And supporting this crucial component with Hyundai's exclusive Lifetime Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty* shows our absolute commitment to earning your confidence.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

there you have it ^. does any other automaker offer that with their hybrids?

Post Thanks / Like

Hybrid?

Oh, I did that once. That's swapping the stock Rochester QD and dual-plane intake for a 750 Holley double-pump electric choke and a high-rise single-plane intake, right? ;P
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Hybrid?

Oh, I did that once. That's swapping the stock Rochester QD and dual-plane intake for a 750 Holley double-pump electric choke and a high-rise single-plane intake, right? ;P
    Oh come on, man, you can't be talking QuadraJunks and expect people today to understand you Although maybe you can convince the Honda guys that the secondaries opening up was like going into VTEC...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Oh come on, man, you can't be talking QuadraJunks and expect people today to understand you Although maybe you can convince the Honda guys that the secondaries opening up was like going into VTEC...

You ever take one apart? How many needles make a wind chime??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast