autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Brand loyalty is overrated.

Do your research... find out what is best and buy it.

I don't think starting a sentence with "I'd never buy a (car manufacturers name here)" really makes a lot of sense.

Car quality seems to be pretty fluid. GM was once top dog and fell off.

Mercedes was often considered automotive excellence, but I understand they had their share of reliability issues over the last 10 years or so.

Toyota has had a rough few years, meanwhile Ford and GM seem to be coming back.

I drive a Lexus right now, but would gladly look at ANY other car out there that I felt made a better product, when the time comes. I have ZERO brand loyalty when it comes to cars.
    The “frozen concepts” reasoning runs contrary to one of the most fundamental principles of constitutional interpretation: that our Constitution is a living tree which, by way of progressive interpretation, accommodates and addresses the realities of modern life.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Hyundai is smashing about every car company right now. It's pretty impressive to see a car company that uses better stylizing than just about every other car company out there right now, but can offer prices similar to all of the other economy vehicles out right now. I wish all of these other high end car companies would realize that economy and affordability is key in the market right now.

Of course there will always be a demand for luxury cars, but the fact that Hyundia is making their cars faster, cleaner, and with better MPG but with a price tag of about $8-20,000+ less than everyone is mind staggering.

If only we could catch onto diesel more effectively, I would love it. Does anyone else find it weird that we keep creating all of these new hybrids and electrics that somehow still get less fuel economy than diesels running particulate filters, SCR/LNG/CNG systems, and DEF/urea dosing systems that put out 99% free Nox emissions? (Sorry, I sell semi trucks, bit of a diesel guru ^.^) Speaking of electric, I find it to be an interesting concept economy wise. (Sorry if it seems like I'm hijacking your thread) but! Those lithium or dry gel powered battery cells last typically 5 years at max, and cost a bare minumum of $5,000 to replace. Seems to contradict the fuel savings if you ask me. Just MHO though, any thoughts on this? Seems like electrics are only good for 3 yr leases.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrHandWash View Post
    Speaking of electric, I find it to be an interesting concept economy wise. (Sorry if it seems like I'm hijacking your thread) but! Those lithium or dry gel powered battery cells last typically 5 years at max, and cost a bare minumum of $5,000 to replace. Seems to contradict the fuel savings if you ask me. Just MHO though, any thoughts on this? Seems like electrics are only good for 3 yr leases.
    My parents noticed that when they bought their new car. It would have taken almost 10 years for the fuel mileage savings to cover the difference in price and cost of the battery. Since they don't keep cars for that long, it didn't make sense to them. I don't know if I would honestly ever buy a hyundai; the same goes for kia or suzuki. I am curious to see how reliable these cars are, especially since they have had issues in the past. I'll stick with buying nissan/infiniti or honda/acura...

2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x: Avalanche White
    2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 6MT: Redline Red

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxXReO6sb9A]YouTube - 2011 Hyundai Sonata - 2011 10Best Cars - Car and Driver[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fairlady350z View Post
    I don't know if I would honestly ever buy a hyundai; the same goes for kia or suzuki. I am curious to see how reliable these cars are, especially since they have had issues in the past. I'll stick with buying nissan/infiniti or honda/acura...
    Five minutes worth of searching on the internet will give you a good idea of how reliable these cars are becoming. It's a shame that you wouldn't even consider them because you've had good luck with a couple of Nissans. It'll really suck when Nissan drops the Z cars and you can't find a Nissan/Infiniti that provides you with what you want. Hyundai makes incredibly reliable cars that are safe, well featured, and more often than not, priced well below their competitors.

Seriously, one day where you don't have a lot going on, take a trip over to your nearest Hyundai dealer. Ask to drive the new Sonata. You have to go into it open minded, as if you had no idea what brand you were getting into, and ask yourself "would I drive this car?" My wife has an '06 Elantra that has been a wonderful car. We've recently driven the 2011 Tuscon (small SUV) and the 2011 Sonata and we were thoroughly impressed with both. It would be interesting to hear what you have to say about the car, knowing that you currently wouldn't consider owning one. I think you might reconsider after getting behind the wheel of one.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 2005 hyundai tiburon se v6 6 speed and it was an amazing sports car for the price. A little underpowered but, the only issue I ever had with it was the clutch went after 40,000 miles(kept it from day 1 till 70,000 miles.) Very well built car for the price and was very pleased. I know own a Subaru STI which has also been a pleasure having. Anyways, hyundai has come a very long way since 2003 .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KSVT View Post
    We've recently driven the 2011 Tuscon (small SUV) and the 2011 Sonata and we were thoroughly impressed with both.
    when my nephew starts driving in a year or so, my father is going to buy one of these.
    he currently has a 07' camry (nephew is going to get) in which he has been un-impressed with...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrHandWash View Post
    ... Speaking of electric, I find it to be an interesting concept economy wise. (Sorry if it seems like I'm hijacking your thread) but! Those lithium or dry gel powered battery cells last typically 5 years at max, and cost a bare minumum of $5,000 to replace. Seems to contradict the fuel savings if you ask me. Just MHO though, any thoughts on this? Seems like electrics are only good for 3 yr leases.
    Do electric vehicles use batteries that are vastly different from hybrid cars? If not, the myth that batteries last only a few short years has been debunked by the Prius. When it was initially released, critics thought the batteries would need frequent replacement. That has not come to pass. In fact, the first generation Prius battery systems are still going strong. Or so I was lead to believe. I read the article from a car magazine. I'll try to find it.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

so i went to my local hyundai dealer today to see if they had the new Elantra and they received one (limited in silver like the above video in post #28). it was in the back and they pulled it out front for me to check out. obviously it's no Sonata, but a little smaller as if it were the little brother. i sat in both the front and back and thought it would be a little small (since it is in the smaller car segment), but it felt comfortable and the materials were up to par overall along with the exterior styling (seeing it in person is ideal, rather than just looking at pictures). not bad IMO and it's one car that is going to give the competition a run for their money (looks, mpg). they also had a row of the sonata 2.0 turbos in stock that were really nice too...

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrmePi7JlSg]YouTube - 2011 Hyundai Elantra[/video]

Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast