autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Last summer my ex and I looked at the Elantra for one of our daughters and I was very impressed with it. It flat put the competition from Honda, Nissan and Toyota to shame.
    James
    2011 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

sparkie, i had a 10 genesis and loved it. hyundai is really rattling some cages in germany.

im in greenville so let me know when yoou come this way.

budinsc

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai is proving that exciting styling still excites the car buying public. For years we all came to expect the generic jelly bean styling that was so practical yet so uninteresting.

By being consistent with their styling Hyundai is creating cars to fill each niche of the automotive market place from pure economy car, to the crowded midsize market with their Sonata models, to the more upscale market with the Azera and Genesis models.

Along with their popular design and styling comes improved performance and reliability, and their 100,000 mile warranty, making Hyundai one of the hottest car makers in today's market place.

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    Look at that! Saturn had every other branch of GM beat and it got axed. Pontiac was right behind it and got axed too... Smooth move GM
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw an ad for the Equs? in the paper today. $943 a month with $6,500 down. I was floored to say the least.

now I've done no reading on this car and don't know what it's competing with but for that price, it's going against BMW 5 series and Lexus GS models... I dunno
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

love this genesis coupe, sick rims!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuuF27WpUtw&feature=related]Sick Genesis Coupe - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    I just saw an ad for the Equs? in the paper today. $943 a month with $6,500 down. I was floored to say the least.

now I've done no reading on this car and don't know what it's competing with but for that price, it's going against BMW 5 series and Lexus GS models... I dunno
    Tim,

The Eques? model you were reading about is marketed directly at the BMW, Lexus, Jaguar, and Mercedes. While not quite there yet Hyundai is seriously causing some angst for these formidable upscale cars. The top of the line Hyundai nearly matches these cars and comes in at a much lower price point.

Of course these cars have proven themselves and secured their privileged ranking and resale standards. The Hyundai still has to develop that reputation and if they continue to improve each year they too will soon earn a niche in this very elite segment of the auto market place.

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you but they need to do it right if at all.

If I recall correctly, Volkswagon tried to do this too with their ill-fated Phaeton or somesuch. I think the concept was to have all the accoutrements of an SL500 in something that was understated like a Passat.

Only problem with that is that most people who are spending $150K on a car want everyone to know it costs $150K...

sounds bad but true for the most part
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai still has to build a reputation to compete in the upscale luxury car market. It's the same route that Acura, Infinity, and Lexus had to climb to establish themselves as worthy of being compared to BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and Jaguar.

They are not there yet but every new model brings them a little bit closer. Remember too that most people when they hear the name Hyundai they see small to midsize cars that compete with the Honda's and Toyota's in the crowded consumer market and not necessarily a high end luxury model.

That's why Hyundai is packing so much luxury, performance, and value into these high end cars so that people will notice and take them seriously.

It's still an uphill battle as the people who buy or lease these upscale cars are very image conscious and ego driven. Yes, Hyundai is a hot brand today but that in itself is no guarantee that the high end car market will accept them as an equal right now.

If Hyundai continues to add content, increase performance and package it in sexy styling they can over time earn a niche in this market place. After all most people still want the biggest bang for their buck.

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Look at that! Saturn had every other branch of GM beat and it got axed. Pontiac was right behind it and got axed too... Smooth move GM
    I think you read that wrong. The chart shows problems per 100 vehicles. Pontiac and Saturn had the MOST problems out of all the GM brands.
    1999 Toyota Avalon XLS - Diamond White Pearl

Chris

Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast