autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help Me Pick My Next Car....

The lease on my Cadillac CTS is coming to an end in May. I'm shopping for its replacement and thought I would come to all of you for an opinion.

Here are my requirements (set partially by my wife who occasionally drives the car when I've had one to many single malts):

-automatic (I know)
    -all wheel drive (I live in Green Bay and this is my winter car)
    -four doors (3 boys, 4th baby on the way, I sometimes have to pick them up from school)

Here is what I was out seeing today:
    Mercedes C300
    BMW 328xi
    Audi A4

Color input also needed. I'm thinking black (or a pearl black), given my new found hobby

My summer car is in my avatar, a 2009 Eclipse Spyder GT. She's a fun summer toy that I like to keep shinny.

Suggest away, even if its not on the list above. I love to drive, and I want to have a fun car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help Me Pick My Next Car....

You're missing one car from your list! I would definitely put the Infiniti G37x on there. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago and I was looking at all the same cars as you are.

In the end I bought a G35x (G37 wasn't out then) because it had more hp, more bells & whistles, and it cost less than all the other cars on my list. In the G you get the hp of the BMW 335 for the price of the 328. Also, the G has the biggest back seat of the bunch.

Also, my mother-in-law has the Mercedes and I'm not impressed with it. The interior material quality is very low quality for a M-B. The BMW is very nice but you pay a $10K+ premium over the G to get in a similar car. The Audi is a nice car as well. I had an Audi once though. It spent more time in the service department than it did with me.
    Last edited by MikeyC; 02-13-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like

I would look into the new CTS or a Lincoln MKZ.... both nice cars... but I am biased for American made cars...
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnZephyr2006 View Post
    I would look into the new CTS or a Lincoln MKZ.... both nice cars... but I am biased for American made cars...
    Being from Detroit, I'm usually partially to the USA. Both of my parents are retired are GM. I'm just frustrated by their attitude over the past years. In reality, I'm their target audience, and they have very little to offer. My parents moved to GB a few weeks ago, and trust me, I'm going to hear it for buying a kraut car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    You're missing one car from your list! I would definitely put the Infiniti G37x on there. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago and I was looking at all the same cars as you are.

In the end I bought a G35x (G37 wasn't out then) because it had more hp, more bells & whistles, and it cost less than all the other cars on my list. In the G you get the hp of the BMW 335 for the price of the 328. Also, the G has the biggest back seat of the bunch.

Also, my mother-in-law has the Mercedes and I'm not impressed with it. The interior material quality is very low quality for a M-B. The BMW is very nice but you pay a $10K+ premium over the G to get in a similar car. The Audi is a nice car as well. I had an Audi once though. It spent more time in the service department than it did with me.
    You're right, I have to give Infinity a better look. I'm actually now leaning toward the S4 but the Infinity line might be worth a look at.

Post Thanks / Like

Black is a nice choice but as TRichard (Tad) put it, black is a part-time job. Would you consider silver? There's a 1,000hp Mustang that Asphalt Rocket did and the paint looks dripping wet. Couple that with some nice wheels and Opti-bond tire gel, wow wee!

Out of your list, I would honestly look at another Caddy. My wife and I looked at the C300 and it looked the part, the low end Mercedes, not too impressed either. We are looking at the Altima Couple in white pearl, the Murano (no color picked), and the orange Hummer H3. All different vehicles which makes the decision even tougher! Good luck on your next venture and be sure to clean it up real nice and show it off here!

Richard

*Edit - After posting this I read you're considering the S4, this takes the vote for me now! I love the new S4! One member here has a black S5 that is beautiful! Even captured a nice bird reflection on the hood!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    Being from Detroit, I'm usually partially to the USA. Both of my parents are retired are GM. I'm just frustrated by their attitude over the past years. In reality, I'm their target audience, and they have very little to offer. My parents moved to GB a few weeks ago, and trust me, I'm going to hear it for buying a kraut car.
    lol
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I currently own a 2004 Infiniti FX35 and it is the best vehicle I have ever owned! Their quality rocks! I am looking to replace it in the next year or so, so like you, I have been looking as well. Audi makes a damned nice car. I have not driven one yet. I did however drive the Lincoln MKS with the Ecoboost engine...holey moley, I was in love! 110 HP and 100 ft-lb torque over the base 3.5L. I just can't decide whether I need another SUV or not. I also fell in love with the new Hyundai Equus that I saw at the NAIAS. Very, very, very nice. I will look very seriously at that car when it comes out, which is supposed to be later this year. The CTS is very nice, I just find them too common.

Post Thanks / Like

What about a used Acura RL, 2004+? AWD, good mileage, solid car. But there's also the Saab 9-3 and the Volvo S60 with AWD.

Post Thanks / Like

Subaru Legacy, G37, Passat 4-motion, used VW R32????

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast