autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Complaint:AG International Shipping Rate !!!

i have been an autogeek fan for almost 1 year spending around $1000 on orders i know its nothing Compared to other Geeks , but every time(except with my 1st order) the shipping charges thy just go up and up,

Example :

My First Order with AG:

1. Porter Cable 7424 & Pad Kit
    2. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Combo
    3. Wolfgang Clay Combo
    4. Wolfgang Duo 3.0
    5. 3M Scotch Premium Automotive Masking Tape
    6. Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Bar Replace
    7. Griot's Garage Leather Scent

Shipping Quote : $150 which makes a Prefect sense to me because the Package has some Heavy Items

3rd Order With AG:

1. Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush
    2. Glass Master Pro Combo(Glass Master & Bonnet
    3. CCS Euro Foam Hand Applicators Trio
    4. 3.5'' D.A. Hook & Loop Flexible Backing
    5. The Grit Guard Insert Yellow
    6. Mothers Interior & Upholstery Brush
    7. 1Z Einszett Leather Care
    8. Poorboys Black Hole
    9. Cobra Guzzler HD Gold Waffle Weave Dryin
    10. Qty CCS 4" Spot Buffs Orange Pads
    11. 2 Qty CCS 4" Spot Buff White Pads
    12. Wheel Wax
    13. Brinkmann Maxfire
    14. Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax
    15. Meguiars SCRATCH X
    16. Mega Applicator Combo Kit
    17. 16 oz. 303 Aerospace Protectant
    18. DP Max Wax
    19. Wolfgang Polishing Pad Rejuvenator

Shipping Weight = 15 lbs

I received a Shipping Quote of $175, i contacted Customer Service to Double Check the Quoted Price and they Confirmed that its $175 to ship the above items , so i accepted the Chargers , now few days later browsing the internet i found this "taken from USPS Site "

My Package Weights 15lbs according to USPS , so the charges should have been between $110-$125 with insurance and handling, so i contacted Customer Service asking them to Clarify why i was charged 175$ instead of 125$, their response was " there was a mistake in Quoted Price , it should have been $120 instead of $175, so i was refunded the Difference Back ,

Now onto my Recent Order With AG

1. Black Wow Exterior Trim Restorer
    2. Meguiars Swirl Free Kit - Machine Application (M105/205 with 2 Orange pads and 2 MF Towles
    3. 35 oz. Griot's Garage Paint Prep
    4. 303 Wiper Treatment
    5. 22 oz. Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner

Order Total : $102 Shipping Quote : $100, Shipping Weight 12 Lbs !!!!!!! Does this make any sense

to my Understanding Shipping Rates From USPS are standard

another Website with the Same Products in Cart

Be Noted that i didn't apply the Discount Code in this website ,

anyone Care to Explain how come an order with 5 items cost
    $100 to ship and another order with 19 items cost $120,

and i still think that the order will not weight more than 6-7lbs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Complaint:AG International Shipping Rate !!!

I have never seen Autogeek milk or bump shipping charges to make money. I know the regular rates are based upon amount spent not weight. I also believe they cover the packaging costs needed to get the package safely to you.

I might suggest discussing other options with Meghan , Dwayne, or Jason if possible. Often times customs, insurance, and other items play a part in international shipping rates too. I am sure they can explain and hopefully help resolve the issue if possible.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I have never seen Autogeek milk or bump shipping charges to make money. I know the regular rates are based upon amount spent not weight. I also believe they cover the packaging costs needed to get the package safely to you.

I might suggest discussing other options with Meghan , Dwayne, or Jason if possible. Often times customs, insurance, and other items play a part in international shipping rates too. I am sure they can explain and hopefully help resolve the issue if possible.
    Yes i know the shipping quote include Packaging / insurance fees , and im pretty sure that international shipping Costs are based on the weight of the package ,
    what i don't understand is how come a package with 19 products (some with decent weight) cost $20 more to ship a package that i think will not weight more 7lbs with the packaging ?

in a logical way . will these products

according to AGShipping Weight is 12lbs Cost is $100
    1. Black Wow Exterior Trim Restorer
    2. Meguiars Swirl Free Kit - Machine Application (M105/205 with 2 Orange pads and 2 MF Towles
    3. 35 oz. Griot's Garage Paint Prep
    4. 303 Wiper Treatment
    5. 22 oz. Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner

Weight almost the same as these (with 3lbs Difference between them )

Shipping weight = 15lbs Cost = 120
    1. Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush
    2. Glass Master Pro Combo(Glass Master & Bonnet
    3. CCS Euro Foam Hand Applicators Trio
    4. 3.5'' D.A. Hook & Loop Flexible Backing
    5. The Grit Guard Insert Yellow
    6. Mothers Interior & Upholstery Brush
    7. 1Z Einszett Leather Care
    8. Poorboys Black Hole
    9. Cobra Guzzler HD Gold Waffle Weave Dryin
    10. Qty CCS 4" Spot Buffs Orange Pads
    11. 2 Qty CCS 4" Spot Buff White Pads
    12. Wheel Wax
    13. Brinkmann Maxfire
    14. Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax
    15. Meguiars SCRATCH X
    16. Mega Applicator Combo Kit
    17. 16 oz. 303 Aerospace Protectant
    18. DP Max Wax
    19. Wolfgang Polishing Pad Rejuvenator

The Other site which Uses the same shipping method with the same items , and a v.good packaging will cost almost $50-60 less than AG

i realy hope that Meghan or Dwayne ca clarify things up

Post Thanks / Like

I will take a look at this order in the morning, but I think was missing in this equation is dimensional weight. You can have a package that is 8 sq. inches and only weight about 5 lbs, but if you have a package that is 12 sq inches and only weights 5 lbs the various shipping companies will charge you by the dimensional weight of the box that would be around 12 lbs. So it also depends on the sizes of the items and boxes they get shipped in, not just the weight.
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Often times customs, insurance, and other items play a part in international shipping rates too. I am sure they can explain and hopefully help resolve the issue if possible.
    this is right. i work for UPS and know when some things are shipped they will cost more if it is considered an ORM-D (other regulated material) these are things that have to be handled a little different then normal packages because whats in them. i know even things like nail polish/remover, some soaps.etc are ORM-D.

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion - rather than posting an anthology about shipping costs & differences for international delivery on the forum (and awaiting a response) - would be to talk to one of the Autogeek folks as you're ordering to ensure you are getting the optimum shipping cost. As they said, costs will be dependent on packaging size, weight, point of delivery & speed of shipment requested. It's reasonable to ask for shipping to be optimized, depending on the contents of your order.

See ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Those were some some pretty steep shipping charges, but you can rest assured the folks at AG will look into it and give you an honest responce to what the shipping cost should be at current rates. They're not about to cause ill will with a good customer such as yourself to put a few extra dollars in their pocket. As far as an upfront companirs go, AG is the real deal. This comes from one always sastisfied customer.

Post Thanks / Like

How does UPS "handle them" differently?? What justifies the extra costs??

Thx.

See ya.

Quote Originally Posted by autodromo View Post
    this is right. i work for UPS and know when some things are shipped they will cost more if it is considered an ORM-D (other regulated material) these are things that have to be handled a little different then normal packages because whats in them. i know even things like nail polish/remover, some soaps.etc are ORM-D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrflake View Post
    Those were some some pretty steep shipping charges, but you can rest assured the folks at AG will look into it and give you an honest responce to what the shipping cost should be at current rates. They're not about to cause ill will with a good customer such as yourself to put a few extra dollars in their pocket. As far as an upfront companirs go, AG is the real deal. This comes from one always sastisfied customer.
    agreed , hands down Ag has the Best Customer service , and ill still do business with AG , the Reason of the Post i made is to Clarify things up , how come a box of 19 items (Electronics , Liquid Products , house hold items ) costs nearly the same as a box with 5 items in them (Liquid only) which i think it will shipped in a smaller box

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I will take a look at this order in the morning, but I think was missing in this equation is dimensional weight. You can have a package that is 8 sq. inches and only weight about 5 lbs, but if you have a package that is 12 sq inches and only weights 5 lbs the various shipping companies will charge you by the dimensional weight of the box that would be around 12 lbs. So it also depends on the sizes of the items and boxes they get shipped in, not just the weight.
    thank you Jason , for taking the time looking at the order and clearing up "dimensional weight' point ,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast