autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Website up and running

Let me know what you guys think and how i can inprove it.
    Home Page
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Website up and running

Navigated the site. Looks good. I like it, I'd trust you guys enough to work on my car based off your website. Good Luck with your business.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

Some thoughtful input............see what you think.

> I like the homepage graphics & style.....looks like a professional site! Your choice of image, colors & graphics is pretty good! LOVE the color of the car. That in itself looks like "professional", to me (Can I ask, who designed it and who hosts your site?)

Also, check all of your pages for grammar & spelling again. Misc. typos & spelling errors in the "Services/Pricing" section. (For instance, Lexol spelled correctly in certain places, spelled "Lexal" a few times in that section.)

Some suggestions/wording for a couple of sections I scanned; you can use'em, change'em it or just ignore'em.

> In "Why Choose Us" - I'd rework the wording a bit in the last two paragraphs. Ex. - my suggestion for the last paragraph - break it into a couple of sentences; something like this:
    Don't get taken to the cleaners by other detailers! We offer premium services for what they're worth and strive only for your cars perfection..........And, we come to you!

> In "About Us" - suggest you revise the wording to something like this:

Sully's Detailing was founded 2 years ago by a couple of friends who had a passion for cars and keeping them looking their best. It all started by detailing neighborhood cars and a few for friends. Our customers were so happy that they told "their friends" and word quickly got around about our new, small business.

Now, we're detailing cars from all over South Florida! We come to you using only the finest products and quality techniques to detail your automobile. We believe in perfection and deliver nothing less!

Sincerely,

Shawn ?????? and Mike ??????

Also, since you mention products & techniques on your site, it might be helpful to set up a section that describes why the techniques are important/how they're done (otherwise - "two bucket method" doesn't mean much to a lot of people). Also, perhaps add some reasons why you use the products you do, if you think its important. Not sure that people care that much, as long as the work is superior.......but, if you think they do, I'd tell them about them/use some links to them on your site.

Their just my opinions................I could be wrong.

Good luck w/the business!

See ya

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Site looks great guys.

My one concern is in the Before/After section. Remove the first three "After" photos that show the white spots. We here know those spots were hidden by the swirls, scratches and crud pre-polish. The average Joe does not know that, and my pass you by as having missed an area or damaged the paint.
    Pictures used on a company website should be perfect. The Lambo on the home page is perfect. The pictures are you're fist impression. They should all be in focus, and show the car at it's best. (Like the MKV GTI) The Customer Cars section is great.
    My 2cents, avoid close ups unless the paint is in perfect condition after the detail.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Website looks really good. I didn't see that you had any of your keywords up for the search engines. Make sure that you get those out there and then sign up for google analytics to track your website traffic.
    Last edited by evilwrx; 08-31-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    2006 Honda Ridgeline Nighthawk Black Pearl with the wonderful soft Honda clear....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fat-whillie View Post
    Site looks great guys.

My one concern is in the Before/After section. Remove the first three "After" photos that show the white spots. We here know those spots were hidden by the swirls, scratches and crud pre-polish. The average Joe does not know that, and my pass you by as having missed an area or damaged the paint.
    Pictures used on a company website should be perfect. The Lambo on the home page is perfect. The pictures are you're fist impression. They should all be in focus, and show the car at it's best. (Like the MKV GTI) The Customer Cars section is great.
    My 2cents, avoid close ups unless the paint is in perfect condition after the detail.

Bill
    The Black one was mone I sold it, the white one is a road racing car. What do you mean white spots. O in the first picsture. That Bug chips in the paint on the hood
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evilwrx View Post
    Website looks really good. I didn't see that you had any of your keywords up for the search engines. Make sure that you get those out there and then sign up for google analytics to track your website traffic.
    If you search Sully's Detailing it come up one google. I will be addeding a Head Light resoration page and fixing the little typos here and there later today.

_____

For those that asked The website is hosted by Go Daddy. It is a preset layout. My partner Mike made the Logo and the website at first. I made the HID, Customer Car, and the Before/After page
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

You should change this line of code:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> <title>Home Page</title>

The "Title" of your page should be "Sully's Detailing" with some type of description of the business. Look at the top of your browser when you are on Autogeek and you will see what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenorplayer23 View Post
    Hi guys,

Some thoughtful input............see what you think.

> I like the homepage graphics & style.....looks like a professional site! Your choice of image, colors & graphics is pretty good! LOVE the color of the car. That in itself looks like "professional", to me (Can I ask, who designed it and who hosts your site?)

Also, check all of your pages for grammar & spelling again. Misc. typos & spelling errors in the "Services/Pricing" section. (For instance, Lexol spelled correctly in certain places, spelled "Lexal" a few times in that section.)

Some suggestions/wording for a couple of sections I scanned; you can use'em, change'em it or just ignore'em.

> In "Why Choose Us" - I'd rework the wording a bit in the last two paragraphs. Ex. - my suggestion for the last paragraph - break it into a couple of sentences; something like this: Don't get taken to the cleaners by other detailers! We offer premium services for what they're worth and strive only for your cars perfection..........And, we come to you!

> In "About Us" - suggest you revise the wording to something like this:

Sully's Detailing was founded 2 years ago by a couple of friends who had a passion for cars and keeping them looking their best. It all started by detailing neighborhood cars and a few for friends. Our customers were so happy that they told "their friends" and word quickly got around about our new, small business.

Now, we're detailing cars from all over South Florida! We come to you using only the finest products and quality techniques to detail your automobile. We believe in perfection and deliver nothing less!

Sincerely,

Shawn ?????? and Mike ??????
    Also, since you mention products & techniques on your site, it might be helpful to set up a section that describes why the techniques are important/how they're done (otherwise - "two bucket method" doesn't mean much to a lot of people). Also, perhaps add some reasons why you use the products you do, if you think its important. Not sure that people care that much, as long as the work is superior.......but, if you think they do, I'd tell them about them/use some links to them on your site.

Their just my opinions................I could be wrong.

Good luck w/the business!

See ya
    Did you Play Ice Hockey at RPI?
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast