autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Big Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Big Detailing

Well, I've been building this house, so I'm not on autogeek that much lately. I selected a terrible color of stain and stained about 500 sq. ft of my house before stopping. I had to strip this stain and restore the surface so that I can reapply the stain. This was about like hand polishing 20 cars from a scaffold. I've detailed all I can this week. The cars are dirty and I don't care. Sad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you building the house yourself or doing some parts? Either way, that's a huge project!

Removing stain is a huge pain in the arse!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    there are those that "do" and those that "pay" .... when it comes to the house, I pay ! That way I can scream and yell at someone else. I feel your pain !!!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    good luck with the building project!! That is an insane amount of labor. But like all things in this world it will come to an end at some point! Hang in there! Best of luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Building

Well, It is a turnkey by the contractor. I picked the wrong color and the contractor didn't want to quote the stain removal (not his area of expertise) and the quotes I got for removal were too much, so I did it myself.

This is only one of the problems. My house has been about 80% complete for the last 6 months. The contractor is basically bankrupt (due to poor mgmt., not my job) with $12,000 of my money that is unaccounted for. I call it embezzlement, he calls it a hard spot. There's probably more, but that is all I can prove. My lawyer basically says I can win in court, but good luck collecting. I haven't done anything legal yet other than get him to sign a note to repay what money I am now spending to finish the house.

Just supervising and inspecting the work (very slow work) on this job consumes several hours each day after I work 10 hrs at my job. At this point I am pretty much the general contractor, just using subs that I already met while they were working for him directly.

I got a low bid and learned a hard lesson on this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, sorry to hear that. Bum deal.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry!