autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter.. a love / hate relationship

Well, I was hanging out here all the time this past summer. Did quite a few details, bought some amazing products from here and had a blast using them.

Winter is here now in Michigan and I don't even have any chance to clean any of my cars or any other ones for that matter. We have been getting hammered with snow so far and the roads have not even been able to be clear for more then a day without more snow on it, so it is pointless to wash it anyways

I have not even been on here in a few months mainly because of the clean car season is over for me. Today, obviously, I stopped in to check out some more amazing work as always can be found here and I just got that warm fuzzy feeling! Seeing all of the nice, clean, beautiful cars just makes me want spring and summer back sooo badly now it isn't even funny. I just simply can't wait to get out my UDM, pads, polishes, etc. and go to work to make the cars look great again

At the same time, I love the snow! I have a blast driving in it, playing in it, and it looks nice to top it off. We bought some winter tires for my wife's car and it is insane how good it handles in the snow. I also picked up a 4x4 S-10 Blazer that is lifted and has a V8 swap and that thing just eats the snow up!

Ahhhh

Winter... a love / hate relationship
    1982 Olds Cutlass - my summer toy.
    1999 Suburban - Black of course!
    2002 Bonneville - The Mutt, a mix of everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter.. a love / hate relationship

Have to say, I love to visit the north but you can keep all that love you have for the snow to yourself! I will take our sunshine and wearing shorts "most" of the winter season any day! I put my time in living in the snow, and will NEVER go back to it. Glad you are enjoying it though, a white Christmas does sounds good... for about a minute or two~ But you can't go out and play with your polishes and waxes with snow on the car, but then again I can't make a snow man in Fla either!

Post Thanks / Like

im with you on that Crash im in ontario as im typing this its now raining,and my car is need of a good wash

Post Thanks / Like

Very true!

Another bad thing about winter.... I don't have a garage and the transmission in my '93 Bonneville started slipping BAD the other day. SO, I was lucky enough to have to put it on jackstands in my frozen snow covered dirt driveway, lay on a piece of cardboard and pull the transmission pan off to change the filter. It was about 24 degrees outside and snowing ( of course ) not to mention that I finished it up in the dark so I also had to hold a flashlight. NOT fun LOL

I already have some cars lined up to do when spring hits
    2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
    2007 Ford Mustang GT
    2001 Ford F-150 Lightening
    1995 Ford Mustang GT convertible
    2006 Chevy Cobalt
    1994 Ford Mustang
    2000 Ford F-250

Not to mention I have been talking to all of my customers from this past summer and they all want to come back for sure!

Looks like I need to pick up some more Menzerna

I will be much more prepared with the camera this summer and I will post up as many of them as I can!!!

Man... I am getting excited already and I have about 5 months to go before I can really start to bother doing some hardcore work.

Post Thanks / Like

here in Chicago. We've been getting hit by snow storm every 3 days. I think we have 30+ inches so far this season. We had 15 inches at this time last year.

Post Thanks / Like

About the same up here in Midland Michigan. I think we have already had more winter storm warnings / winter weather advisories this year then we had during the whole winter last year and we still have months to go!

Post Thanks / Like

It could always be worse - I live in Pittsburgh and winter hasn't been that bad so far. Cold, yes...but not as much snow as those around us. A co-worker just got back from a hearing in Rochester, NY and he said they have a rediculous amount of snow. Those are some hearty people in western New York!

As far as getting detailing jobs, I only do it on the side because I like doing it, but I've done three cars in the last 6 weeks by marketing them as "winterizing" projects. Usually it's some level of swirl/scratch/other correction followed by Collinite 845. I have two more cars lined up for the next couple weeks for the same treatment.

And Meghan, I was just in Daytona a couple weeks ago. I felt odd driving on the roads down there with snow tires on the car!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear yeah, I live in Kalamazoo, MI. I'm really can't wait to move to AZ!

Post Thanks / Like

I to live in Pittburgh and can't wait wait for winter to be over. We have not had that much snow so far, but the worst is yet to come. I hate not have the opportunity to get my car clean.

Post Thanks / Like

We had Florida snow down south all day today ... nasty flurries of rain !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast