autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there such a thing as Customer Service anymore

Just a little note, I am sure a lot of you are experiencing this right now with all the Christmas shopping. So I thought I would share, a little bit of my bad customer service experiences. Let me start by saying Max DEMANDS that all of us employees understand that customer service is the foundation in which we have built Autogeek.net. So I have had a LOT of training in the right way to deal with customer service and its the only way we do it here! BUT now that I am doing a little internet shopping myself I am finding not a lot of companies care... and why.... you treat a customer like you would want to be treated and they will always be a customer. It's not a hard theory to work with.... so, on to my story.

I have to buy something for someone for Christmas and its not easy to find. But a certain site and I will not mention names, says they have them all! Which is not true, but they will customize one for you, for a price! Anyways I was trying to email their customer service to ask exactly what the deal was and if they were expecting to get them in soon or not. Just a simple yes or no question.... so I go to their "contact us" page and in which you must select a subject of your email. I selected the only one that is close which is "Placing An Order". So it appears that they have a standard response no matter what your question is.... so I just have to share this. Now remember I emailed to see if this would be in stock so I could buy before the holidays.

Dear Valued Customer,
    If this automated e-mail does not answer your question(s), please contact our Customer Service department using our toll free number. Youmay also reply to this email with the subject line "Customer Service Follow Up." Our Customer Service is open 24 hours a day seven days a week to better serve you.

To place an online order, you need to add the items you wish to purchaseto your cart. To add an item to your cart, click on the ADD TO CART button next to the item you wish to order.

Once you have added all the items you wish to purchase to your order, simply click on the PROCEED TO SECURE CHECKOUT button. If you are a newcustomer, you will need to create an account by entering your e-mail address and creating a password for your account. If you are a returning customer, enter your email address and password you created when you placed your previous order.

Once you have created or logged into your account, you will need to fillout your billing and shipping address and payment details. Please take your time when entering this information, as we cannot be responsible for shipments lost due to addressing errors. Also, once an order is placed, it immediately enters the shipping process, so we are unable to modify or cancel your order once it is placed.

A valid e-mail address is required to place an order, so we can keep you updated on the progress of your order(s). We will send you an e-mail when the order is received into our system, and we will send you anothere-mail containing tracking information once the order ships.
    Your e-mail address, addresses, and telephone number will not be sold toany external organization, in keeping with our privacy policy. If this automated e-mail does not answer your question(s), please contact our Customer Service using our toll free number. Our Customer Service Department is open 24 hours a day to assist you with sales and services.

Best regards, Customer Service at XXXXXX

Funny huh? So I reply like it says in the first part of the letter with customer service follow up email and I then got the same email again. So I just went and bought it somewhere else!

Just thought this was an interesting way to do business, and I guess I just did not realize other companies did not care so much about customer service.

No worries, I will always be here for you all and I will never send you an automatic email!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there such a thing as Customer Service anymore

Unfortunately what most businesses are turning to. They repeatedly say they are there for you, 24/7. I wonder what "they" are doing while the computer losses them business.

Post Thanks / Like

that's one of the things I noticed first about AG, the customer service. I can ask a question about any product and get an honest response. fast shipping and not have to worry about anything, it's awesome.

In a way you all have us spoiled because I shop online for other non-auto related things and find that I have to follow up on my order constantly, the status etc... It's also like pulling teeth to actually get someone to answer a question.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like Amazon and alot of "other" retailers with form letters and no true customer service. Let your $$ speak, and shop elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Funny huh? So I reply like it says in the first part of the letter with customer service follow up email and I then got the same email again. So I just went and bought it somewhere else!
    Exactly what I do and follow up with either a phone call or an e-mail telling the company I have done so and why.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Post Thanks / Like

lame.....Meghan as someone else who is also involved in customer service I cant agree more about how annoying it is to get junk emails like that. My clients all have my personal cell and they can always call me even beyond normal business hours and they appreciate it. Next time you shop online try finding a companies customer service number that not an automated service with generic answers that only gets you to a real person only after you punch in numbers and make the system angry.

Im glad you guys are always available for help and provide honest options on products. Hope you all enjoy the Nabisco care package.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r0ckstrWS6 View Post
    that's one of the things I noticed first about AG, the customer service. I can ask a question about any product and get an honest response. fast shipping and not have to worry about anything, it's awesome.

In a way you all have us spoiled because I shop online for other non-auto related things and find that I have to follow up on my order constantly, the status etc... It's also like pulling teeth to actually get someone to answer a question.
    Thats why AutoGeek is always my first choice on products, they treat me the way I want to be treat !! With Excellency !!
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

I will say it is amazing what some companies out there have for customer service. Autogeek always goes above and beyond... Its a great reason to shop here.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Autogeek gives top notch customer service. I must also admit, Surf City Garage's customer service is outstanding as well.

Post Thanks / Like

AG has the best customer service I have dealt with . I called today with a question , did NOT get put on hold and did not have to wait while an answer was looked up . The person I talked to answered my question right away and was very friendly , all the more reason to come back here to order , not to mention the quality products .
    I orderd from another internet company for something I wnat to give for Christmas and after taking my card number was told item is not in stock and should be in stock in 2-4 weeks , hopefully . When I called customer service got a recording "due to the heavy volumne of calls during the holiday season all agents are busy call back later ". The later call was to my bank to stop payment on the card charge .
    Mike Williamson
    1971 Buick GSX Stage 1
    1967 Buick GS 400

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast