autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody else been watching...

the Barret-Jackson auction? A 1958 corvette sold for $142,000 this morning!! It was beautiful. They had some 60's camaros on the other day! BEAUTIFUL!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative
    the Barret-Jackson auction? A 1958 corvette sold for $142,000 this morning!! It was beautiful. They had some 60's camaros on the other day! BEAUTIFUL!!
    Never been, but I watch it ALL the time!!!

Some nice "buggies" there!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first time I've ever seen it. My husband was flipping channels the other day and I saw a 1968 camaro and I said, "go back go back!" And when he found the channel again we watched the rest of the show. Man, to own one of those classic cars like that and be able to drive it must be incredible! I can't imagine. I'd love to get me a 69 camaro and fix it up like a show car. I envy people who can do that. Like Jay Leno. Man, I can't imagine what it must be like to be in his garage and see all those cars firsthand!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not watched the auction this weekend but I have seen it previously. The cars are amazing and the prices! WOW!

I agree with FN about Jay Leno's garage. His cars have been featured a couple of times on a show on Speed vision. His collection is fabulous and I’m impressed with his knowledge of the cars. He does a lot of the restoration work himself.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw it on the Speed channel this morning. Was a thing of beauty!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw it when a concept car from the 50's sold for 3 million! Another sold for 1.5 million!
    There was a convertible Hemi Cuda that sold for a couple million too.....must be nice to have that kind of cash, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first time I've ever seen it. My husband was flipping channels the other day and I saw a 1968 camaro and I said, "go back go back!" And when he found the channel again we watched the rest of the show. Man, to own one of those classic cars like that and be able to drive it must be incredible! I can't imagine. I'd love to get me a 69 camaro and fix it up like a show car. I envy people who can do that. Like Jay Leno. Man, I can't imagine what it must be like to be in his garage and see all those cars firsthand!
    The Barrett Jackson auction comes to West Palm Beach every year. If you live in South Florida you should make it a point to go. I think it was in March or April this year. I went. Very exciting hearing the autioneers, seeing all the un-assuming people who all of a sudden hold their hand up and bid $100K for something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCoupe
    The Barrett Jackson auction comes to West Palm Beach every year. If you live in South Florida you should make it a point to go. I think it was in March or April this year. I went. Very exciting hearing the autioneers, seeing all the un-assuming people who all of a sudden hold their hand up and bid $100K for something.

It is an experience not to be missed.

Scott