autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help finding A Rare Car

I’m willing to pay more than that for an off market delivery mileage car. The idea of buying from a public auction website where everyone knows what you paid irks me as it kind of kills the specialness of the car imo

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty slim chance someone who has one that fits what I’m searching for is willing to sell for any amount a flipper would have any room left on. I despise car flippers. I would rather buy from the original owner and pay someone a nice finders fee…..

I’m pretty sure $5000 would be enough to keep a flipper from laying out over 60k to buy a delivery mileage car and hope that it sells with a large enough profit margin.

Yeah that’s what I would pay someone to connect me to a showroom new 04-07 - $5k finders fee!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I know your kidding Paul but what he's doing is very smart and here's why. There's NO new STi, only the WRX and IF there's a new STi it could be an EV, so what he's trying to get is the first STi generation to appear here in the U.S.Need help finding A Rare Car
    This will drive up all STI values I bet...if it hasn't already. They were special cars, but the last generation less so as Subi didn't keep up and let the car stagnate like Nissan did with the Z. When Mitsubishi quit building the EVO's wth the X, (or any car at all for that matter) the STI had no real competition and they pulled back on development.

All that asside, they are special. Despite being older myself, I lean more towards those cars than the malaise-era iron of my youth. They are so much fun to drive. I have fond memories when I lived in the UK watching Colin McRae blast around WRC stages in his bright blue STIs.

His hunt will be a tough one as these cars were almost always modded/autoX/road coarsed and generally enjoyed but if he's got the patience...AND the checkbook, he'll be rewarded. Without looking it, the car he's looking for, should set him back $50K+
    I fear you are right. We have a WRX or two from that era, one of them a hatchback at our local autox events. They are far from stock at this point... I rarely see an STI from that timeframe, in any condition.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking for a delivery mileage car for years....missed one in 14 or 15 and havent had another shot. I know one is sitting out there somewhere

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slinger View Post
    I have been looking for a delivery mileage car for years....missed one in 14 or 15 and havent had another shot. I know one is sitting out there somewhere
    You heard about an untitled EVO VIII selling for $100K a couple yrs ago, rightNeed help finding A Rare CarNeed help finding A Rare Car

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and that ebay car never sold, the owner of Ferrari of Miami ended up buying it for high 90s.

Also very important to note that EVO 8/9s are worth 40-50% more than the Subarus assuming both cars are stock, low mileage, etc

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12