autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

My 2nd video is up ... I REALLY need to plan these things better and 'script' myself LOL

I'm basing my channel towards people who are JUST STARTING to get infected by the detailing bug and either have no one to turn to to teach them, or get a massive case of overload from the chemical companies, FACEBOOK detailing pages, misinformed You Tube 'detailers,' etc. Hence the name: "Detailing Basics - Keeping it Simple."

My 1st video (posted here already). I'm starting to look at as a "showcasing" video. Letting people actually see what I'm capable of doing, and that I can help them learn what they need to do to get the same results (I really wish I had someone like that when *I* was infected by the detailing bug!). This time I go over the basic needs for general car-cleaning from wash to the final wipe of wax removal ... buckets, mitts, microfiber towels (with quick 'touch' on the 4 BASIC types: "Standard microfiber," Extra-Plush microfibers, Drying Specific towels and glass towels).

I also do a quick look at the products I use, and finally touch on the ONE tool I suggest they would need - a decent quality random-orbital polisher and used my old basic PC as an example.

I'm trying to keep my videos at 10 minutes or less (for the Attention-Span Impaired), which is harder than you think! You can pretty much tell that I'm making these "on the fly," with no real prep or forethought, and it shows. Hopefully, I'll get better.

I would greatly appreciate you guys/gals giving it a look and giving me some feedback. I plan on my next video being on the basics of cleaning rims & tires, and since I HAVE a thought-out strategy for doing that, the 3rd video will be much better.

Thanks

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My 2nd video is up ... I REALLY need to plan these things better and 'script' myself LOL

Very nice Don, just checked it all out and subscribed!

Dave

3. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My 2nd video is up ... I REALLY need to plan these things better and 'script' myself LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Very nice Don, just checked it all out and subscribed!

Dave
    WOW! Thanks! It's good to know that I'll have other experience detailers "lurking about" to make sure *I* get it right and "Keep it Simple."
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

5. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude is that an old iMac under there?

Good vid! I really am impressed with you taking the effort to film and edit and post.

It will be helpful and I hope you get 10 million views!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Dude is that an old iMac under there?

Good vid! I really am impressed with you taking the effort to film and edit and post.

It will be helpful and I hope you get 10 million views!
    I THINK it might me, it was my late father in law's, we just never had the chance to take it to an electronic recycling event yet - keep missing them. As for the vids, THANKS. They are shot and posted. The more recent ones, I do use the pause button because it's just a bit difficult to hold my phone AND do the work I' describing. Other than THAT, they are shoot and post - no editing
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual