autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next Gen. Colorado/Canyon production.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    He's probably added a throttle controller, and thinks that makes it fast. We sell them at work, mostly to people with slow underpowered diesels, they've added all the accessories, and big tyres, they now look the part, but they've made them significantly slower, and they no longer handle safely.

The guys at work put some pressure on me to install one in the FJ. I told them if it can break traction off the line in the dry, and the stability control intervenes exiting some corners and roundabouts, then I have more than sufficient power. I do not wish to make my throttle any more sensitive.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Every second 4x4 is lifted here in Tasmania i don't get it they look soo over the top plus soo many accessories just in case they get stuck at the local K mart car park

2. Likes Big Dave, DFB, dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    This bloke is delusional if he thinks a tarted up 140 kW / 187hp Navara is even close to being a rival for a 292 kW / 392 hp twin-turbo V6 Ranger Raptor. Some people live under a rock. Speaking of rocks, he must have them in his head to drop $90K on a Navara.

(For the US guys, a Navara is the global version of the Nissan Frontier, except with underpowered 2.3 diesel engines.)
    Was thinking the same thing mate, but i just went with it because i'm nice

4. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Every second 4x4 is lifted here in Tasmania i don't get it they look soo over the top plus soo many accessories just in case they get stuck at the local K mart car park
    Theres always a buncha lifted pickups runnin around...the big thing as of the last few years atleast is lifted diesels sittin on 24 inch wheels. Only way i wouldnt possibly be imbaressed to be in one is if i was going to a truck show.

Me thinks most of them are compensating for something....lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

6. Likes DFB, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    He's probably added a throttle controller, and thinks that makes it fast. We sell them at work, mostly to people with slow underpowered diesels, they've added all the accessories, and big tyres, they now look the part, but they've made them significantly slower, and they no longer handle safely.

The guys at work put some pressure on me to install one in the FJ. I told them if it can break traction off the line in the dry, and the stability control intervenes exiting some corners and roundabouts, then I have more than sufficient power. I do not wish to make my throttle any more sensitive.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    All that steel added to the front, sides, roof and rear end makes already slow tractors even slower...........and even thirstier. We have a current model Hilux at work, bought second hand with all the heavy steel additions, the driver wonders why the fuel economy is terrible, my response was, well, you have all those pointless lumps of steel hanging off the thing, no wonder it sucks fuel.

8. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Next Gen. Colorado/Canyon production.-r-3-jpg
    2018 Colorado ZR2

10. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I think this phenomenon is universal.

In my area, large pickups are used as cars to take kids to school and make the grocery store runs. Even the 3/4 and 1 Ton "Super Duty" trucks you used to only see pulling camping trailors and hauling stuff around a construction site.

Many of them are lifted and accessorized like you describe. They will never see any dirt and I'm pretty sure those 20"+ wheels with thin sidewall aspect rations will ensure they would blow out a tire at the first rock they encounter. Snorkel? Unless you are going to ford the Mississippi and swim with the barges and tug boats, I'm pretty sure it won't be needed. Even more funny is this area is very flat and covered in corn fields. The nearest hills of any consequence are over 70 miles away. True off-roading would require a an 8~14 hour drive depending on which direction you want to go.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

12. Likes Tasmania, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The new ZR2 very much appeals to me. Maybe down the line it would be a great replacement for my Xterra. Love that new L3B turbo-4.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12