autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Talk me off the cliff (or encourage me to jump)

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Unfortunately, business models sure have changed for the worse over the years. It used to be that the best long-term customers got the best deals. Businesses wanted to take care of their loyal customers. Now the best long-term/loyal customers get the shaft. It's the "new" customers who get offered the best deals.

Once the "new" customer reaches the 12-24 month mark they're going to get the shaft like everyone else. It's a vicious circle because the service providers are all the same in this respect.

For the consumer, the only way to beat the system is to change providers every year or two and take advantage of the "new" customer offers. That is a real PITA that most, including me, will not do, at least on a continuing basis.

In Memphis all we have is Att/Direct tv or Xfelony. I've never had satellite, but if going that route I'm thinking of giving Musk a shot with his Starlink system and then getting a few movie apps for the wife. Use to be a big deal for me to get local news stations, but they've all become so WOKE that I rarely watch anyway. All sports channels are meaningless to me as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely watch TV any more. I got FloRacing a year ago, and watch different forms of racing (mostly dirt track) from all over the world, as well as some college football (Div II). Xfinity (COMCAST) is the only internet provider out my way, and I need them for work. I still despise them, but they are all I have....until, of course, I move to Costa Rica and live in a hut on the beach.

3. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Well, if they breached the contract I suppose the contract is void. Leaving you an open to leave. I would leave even if I had to pay the same or more. I know some people say "oh they don't care if you leave, your just a number". But if alot of people had the same mindset and left, well I think the company would care.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I left cable, the cable company hounded me with mailings of offers to return to TV. It got annoying. Occasionally they still send me such mailings

I don't know if Xfinity would do the same thing.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

7. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I rarely watch TV any more. I got FloRacing a year ago, and watch different forms of racing (mostly dirt track) from all over the world, as well as some college football (Div II). Xfinity (COMCAST) is the only internet provider out my way, and I need them for work. I still despise them, but they are all I have....until, of course, I move to Costa Rica and live in a hut on the beach.

Velocity, Discover and History are the only 3 that I watch on the Xfelony. Roku offers a smorgasbord of free channels that I watch more then anything else.

Panama, Costa Rica and even Cancun Mexico are all on my shortlist for relocation

9. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    When I left cable, the cable company hounded me with mailings of offers to return to TV. It got annoying. Occasionally they still send me such mailings

I don't know if Xfinity would do the same thing.
    Almost everyday a credit card company that I already have an account with will send me pre-approvals for cards with a different heading.
    I called one of them not long ago to request that they stop doing this. The representative (obviously from a different country) had a goat/sheep (Lord take me now if I am lying) barking (bah, meh) in the background. I asked this person if that was a goat/sheep in the background, they sheepishly said YES!
    To be honest it almost made me sign up for another account it was so awesomely unprofessional

11. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My last employer was a cable company and after 20 years of service offered no help with service just kept increasing rates

13. Likes PaulMys, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    My last employer was a cable company and after 20 years of service offered no help with service just kept increasing rates
    As previously mentioned these big corporations could care less about existing customers.
    I can picture a bunch of sleazeballs wearing $5,000 suits sitting around the boardroom bouncing ideas off of each other on ways to screw their customers.

15. Likes PaulMys, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    What cable company is that, Bill?

You live only 40 miles from me, but a world away lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    As previously mentioned these big corporations could care less about existing customers.
    I can picture a bunch of sleazeballs wearing $5,000 suits sitting around the boardroom bouncing ideas off of each other on ways to screw their customers.
    Congratulations!!

You just described not only the cable company, but the United States Government in its current state being bought and paid for by Wall Street!!

18. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast