autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy One year ago, today.

One year ago today, my dad went home and I was left as the oldest living male in my family. Not something that I ever looked forward to, or even thought about at all. It just kind of hit me after dad passed.

I would more than gladly give this "Title" back to him, if I could only have him back as he was - before the Parkinson's worked it's evil on him.

God knows I really needed him - his experience and advice, especially these last several months, I really could have used my Dad. But my heart tells me he is now healthy and healed, free from the disease that controlled his life and that he is with HIS father and happy - free from any torment and I wouldn't want him pulled away from that for anything in the world.So instead of wishing for my dad, I will just trust that God has things well in hand and I will be shown the path when it's time.

I love and miss you dad, until we meet again.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Likes opie, Finemess, dgage, PaulMys, SNP209 and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One year ago, today.

It gets easier with time, Don. But it will always be there.

My father passed away 23 years ago back on July 20th.

Not one day goes by that I don't think of him......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes bill walsh, bbmach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss. It does indeed get easier. As long as they live in your heart, they are never truly gone. My father in law, who treated me like a son, passed way almost 11 years now. Every time I'm at his house, I still expect him to emerge from his pole barn, covered in sawdust from his latest project.

6. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great relationship. Hold tight to the memories

8. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don, hope it gets better for you

10. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah got the right mentality. Lost my pops in 2010. His birthday was today the 6th. I miss him but like you know he’s in a better place.

They are with those they love both on the other side and those left behind to remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Miss both my parents also. And my dad was really my best friend. It does get easier with time. But you never really forget.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

14. Likes CleanIT, Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this will help but I saw a video of a guy who had a near death experience. He said that as he floated above the hospital he could see every one in the hospital. And they were all connected with a tether. Interesting thought. So even after death that connection may exist even though two people might not be able to physically communicate.

Post Thanks / Like

Your dad is your biggest cheerleader! After mine passed, big successes & accomplishments my wife and I achieved were kinda subdued, not being able to pickup the phone and tell him the news.
    It took me about two years to stop grabbing the phone.
    I do know he’s smiling big time from heaven!

17. Likes Flash Gordon, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I don't know if this will help but I saw a video of a guy who had a near death experience. He said that as he floated above the hospital he could see every one in the hospital. And they were all connected with a tether. Interesting thought. So even after death that connection may exist even though two people might not be able to physically communicate.
    On this note: My youngest brother (the one I'm replacing the headlights on his truck) had made the comment when dad passed - it was my mom, me and him in the hospital room - that he wished his faith was strong enough to believe that he would see dad again.

A few months ago, he and my mom got new cell phones. So he took his old phone and wanted to make sure everything was erased from it, and he came across a voicemail from DAD, wanting to tell my brother that he was OK and everything was good. He didn't say WHEN this message was left, but he believes it was from a while ago. In the later years, we never left dad alone. He was too unpredictable in both his disease and the things he would get into. He would often 'freeze up' and fall or get stuck somewhere he shouldn't be and would be helpless if no one was there to help him.

In the beginning, once in a very great while, they did leave dad on his own for very short periods of time, and my brother kind of believes the message was from one of those times, and dad was just letting him know that he was OK and hadn't gotten himself into trouble. The thing that "vexed" (for lack of a better word) my brother was that he did not typically save his messages once he heard them and for this one to still be there and show up when it did, kind of flipped him.

My brother asked us if we thought it was a sign, and my mom and I both agree that we think it was, especially since it was my brother, the one that doubted the strength of his faith, who found the message, as a way to give him hope.

My dad taught me to never TOTALLY disbelieve anything, so I do believe that the voice mail my brother found, WAS a sign from dad that he is OK and is well.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

19. Likes dgage, PaulMys, Flash Gordon, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast