autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Inflation! $$

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inflation! $$

Inflation! $$-df9e9715fb9d44ecf391056bf99bbd3b-jpg
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes Bosko, CleanIT, opie, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read that since the federal reserve was instituted in 1913 inflation is currently at 2000%. Not sure how that figure was calculated. But here's a couple examples. If the fed target inflation rate is 2% that means that every 25 years the dollar has lost 50% of it's purchase power. Just in the last 3 years, I know of items that have gone up 50-100%. Oh and the price of items are increasing while the size decreases. Fiat money only has value because people believe the government can back it up. Once faith in the government is lost, wait for the crap to hit the fan.

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I have read that since the federal reserve was instituted in 1913 inflation is currently at 2000%. Not sure how that figure was calculated. But here's a couple examples. If the fed target inflation rate is 2% that means that every 25 years the dollar has lost 50% of it's purchase power. Just in the last 3 years, I know of items that have gone up 50-100%. Oh and the price of items are increasing while the size decreases. Fiat money only has value because people believe the government can back it up. Once faith in the government is lost, wait for the crap to hit the fan.
    Truly disturbing. They want us to eat bugs, own nothing and somehow be happy. I need some of what they are smoking

6. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it most when I see people with 1 or 2 $900 car payments complaining about a $90 grocery bill!! LOL LOL LOL. Since becoming debt free in 2011 life has not been better. These things become just a bump in the road instead of a whining fest on FB and forums. Whats happening now is "when the tide goes out we will all see who was skinny dipping" Bucha asses hanging out right now. Not this guy, NEVER AGAIN.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

8. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I love it most when I see people with 1 or 2 $900 car payments complaining about a $90 grocery bill!! LOL LOL LOL. Since becoming debt free in 2011 life has not been better. These things become just a bump in the road instead of a whining fest on FB and forums. Whats happening now is "when the tide goes out we will all see who was skinny dipping" Bucha asses hanging out right now. Not this guy, NEVER AGAIN.
    Thanks for the visual, gave me a real laugh. Can just see all these over exposed butts appearing as the water recedes.

I've been debt free since 2018, so I know exactly what you mean.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

10. Likes dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post

I know of folks that lease iphones, wear $500 blue jeans and brag about receiving food stamps.

12. Likes dlc95, dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been debt free since 2018 as well...no payments except insurance taxes gas and food.

I know MANY that are swimming in debt with ZERO savings for the future.... it's as though they can't help themselves, if they get one dollar from somewhere it has to be blown IMMEDIATELY!!

But with the US Government as a role model.......who's to blame them?

My Daughter and Son in law are in financial ruin...I'll save the Grandkids....but I'm going to make them swim with heavy shoes...because they don't LISTEN!!!!

New cell phone every 6 Months.....tons of electronic gadgets......video games...virtual reality headgear......this is for them....not the kids.....lol
    I was there for a visit and the dirty clothes were to the ceiling, the Grandkids had no clean clothes and were in their underwear.
    I gave them $700 for a new dryer....2 weeks later I went to visit and see my SIL bought a rotor tiller.
    He looks at me and said....no big deal....it was only $250.....might start a garden next Spring....my blood was boiling!!!

It might sound harsh.....but too many people live as though there is no repercussions for their actions..

Post Thanks / Like

Inflation! $$

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea, it’s crazy, but if you think about it, not really.

For example: [if my math is correct] Lets say you buy a gallon of Hyper Dressing and pay top dollar @ the current prices.

-i.e. $128 per gallon
    Dilute it @4:1 to make 5 gallons which brings the cost to roughly
    $25 per gallon or $6.25 per 32oz. or roughly $3.10 per 16oz. bottle.

Lets be honest, that’s actually not too bad, and some would say that’s pretty darn good for tire shine/plastic trim/interior dressing.

If you dilute it @ 1:1 you’re paying $64 per gallon or $16 per 32oz. or $8 per 16oz. bottle.

Some would still say that’s somewhat expectable if you were to pay OTC prices.

Now lets look at what Meguiars used to charge for Hyper Dressing before the current state we’re in:

i.e. $40 per gallon
    Dilute it @ 4:1 to make 5 gallons which brings the cost to $8 per gallon or $2 per 32 oz. or $1 per 16 oz bottle.

Yes, you read that right, $1 per 16 oz. bottle.

If you dilute it @ 1:1 to make 2 gallons which brings the cost to $20 per gallon or $5 per 32oz. or $2.50 per 16oz. which is still a damn good value.

That’s 1 of the biggest reasons I appreciate Barry Meguiar, because from the start he made it possible for car guys to buy quality car care products at a fair price without gouging us and making us unnecessarily overpay for high quality products. IMO that can never be forgotten and it’s a reason why Meguiars will always have my business in return.

I’m glad I was able to thank Barry and tell him that in person the 1st time I met him. He seemed genuinely happy to hear it. I knew from the 1st time I used Gold Class car wash over 20yrs. ago, that it came from a good place.Inflation! $$
    Damn…. I like my HyperDressing pure uncut from the Columbians. You stepping on it too much for me. If you start breaking out the baby formula I’m done!Inflation! $$Inflation! $$Inflation! $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Put me in the debt free club. A few years now. Just handling the normal debt. Truck and mortgage. Zero CC debt. I pay off the balances full every month. Only have 2 CC. Sadly, during the pandemic, I have heard many maxed out their CC. And are currently playing catch up paying the balances off.

Hyperdressing is now liquid gold! Thank God, I really don't use it anymore. Use to for the Xterra fender wells. But the truck has the felt liners. Only time I use it is for a quick shine on the spare tire.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Put me in the debt free club. A few years now. Just handling the normal debt. Truck and mortgage. Zero CC debt. I pay off the balances full every month. Only have 2 CC.

just normal debt? is debt free.....I guess I didn't get the memo.....carry on.....

17. Likes dcjredline, opie liked this post
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast