autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: ROAD PAINT

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation ROAD PAINT

Really? In the middle of a Tuesday afternoon!!?? On my way to work. Almost there. Get off the hi-way. And... Your kidding me right? Rest of the way, about 3-4 miles, got behind a line painting crew. Good grief. Tried to be careful. No passing. After getting to work, and doing a quick once over, sure enough picked up some yellow on the driver's side only, inner mud flaps, flares, wheel liners and tires. Great. Took care of it this morning. About 1/2 hour with a MF and bug & tar. Could have been a lot worse!! Only thing left is about a inch on the outer tire treads. Figure it will wear off. In the sipes. I thought that crap was to be done at night? Rite place wrong time. Thanks' for that brilliant decision to do it in the middle of a busy day. 5 min. later i would have missed the drama.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ROAD PAINT

I would be irate if it were me. Probably enough to call the township and give a piece of my mind!

4. Likes PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw them doing the same on a street by my house. They do it in the middle of the day so it's not rush hour traffic but still, many cars driving and probably getting paint all over. They don't give a crap. Paying the crew to work at night probably costs more so they opt for a mid day job instead.
    Bruno Soares

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    Just saw them doing the same on a street by my house. They do it in the middle of the day so it's not rush hour traffic but still, many cars driving and probably getting paint all over. They don't give a crap. Paying the crew to work at night probably costs more so they opt for a mid day job instead.
    They sure don't. But the thing is, neither do 95% of drivers who just think of a car as "A to B" transportation.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes Tasmania, Bruno Soares, Rod73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Working construction at night is always harder...some tasks are easier than others. It would be dificult to do line painting at night.

Usually ive seen a pace truck that lags behind to drag traffic to give paint time to dry

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    Paying the crew to work at night probably costs more so they opt for a mid day job instead.
    This is most likely the biggest reason. If your municipality is like ours, they hover on the brink of financial collapse every year and never have enough money to keep up with infrastructure. Night differential pay for the crews to do the painting likely pushed the project costs well beyond what they could afford. Probably fortunate the job got done at all.

With night out of the equation, doing it in the middle of the day after peak traffic hours was the best bet to get the work done before rush hour(s).
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

For sure. It happened and I am over it. Most owners would leave it on till the car was gone or sold. I can't imagine that paint covering the felt wheel well liners! You would most likely have to replace them. Mine just got kissed with it. And it was hard to remove from the liners. And of course, the longer you wait the harder it is to remove.
    2018 Colorado ZR2