autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Question Common courtesy.

Had a appt. Friday with a local appliance place to stop up and look at some appliance's we have for sale. Appt was made 1 week in advance for 9:30 AM. It was getting to be 10 AM so i called him. Truck was out on a delivery, so he said i will call you as soon as it's back. Waited all day basically. Never showed or called back. Don't know about you, but i have no tolerance for such stupidity. So did other projects i had planned that day.

Seems to me like some people have lost all sense of common courtesy. I was taught to always keep my commitments. If i can't i let that person know ASAP.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, DFB, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Common courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Had a appt. Friday with a local appliance place to stop up and look at some appliance's we have for sale. Appt was made 1 week in advance for 9:30 AM. It was getting to be 10 AM so i called him. Truck was out on a delivery, so he said i will call you as soon as it's back. Waited all day basically. Never showed or called back. Don't know about you, but i have no tolerance for such stupidity. So did other projects i had planned that day.

Seems to me like some people have lost all sense of common courtesy. I was taught to always keep my commitments. If i can't i let that person know ASAP.
    That really annoys me too, I like to keep people informed, stops people jumping to the wrong conclusion. I've only been in my current job for 6 months, so I like to let them know if going to be somewhere out of sight for a while, out the back stacking pallets, in the showroom stocking shelves etc. They sometimes ask me why I keep telling them where I'm going, my answer is, common courtesy. Keeping people informed also makes things run more efficiently. Good communication is so important.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

4. Likes bill walsh, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Common courtesy and common sense....not so common any more

Post Thanks / Like

If you call 10 people to give you an estimate on something, 4 will call you back 2 will set up an appointment and 1 *may* actually show up.

I guess business is good enough everywhere that nobody needs new jobs, in whatever area they may work in.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    If you call 10 people to give you an estimate on something, 4 will call you back 2 will set up an appointment and 1 *may* actually show up.

I guess business is good enough everywhere that nobody needs new jobs, in whatever area they may work in.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    With everyone with a cell phone there is no excuse. Text messaging is fast and simple.

Post Thanks / Like

While I've noticed it's become significantly worse since the pandemic, I saw this long before too. However, these days the lack of any regard for anyone other than yourself has hit shocking new lows...

People not showing up for appointments or to perform work as scheduled drives me up the wall. I am sympathetic to unforeseen problems causing delays, but I want to know what is going on.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes PouncingPanzer, BudgetPlan1, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I, as reset home buyers, are also discovering that most vendors/contractors/etc have given up on punctuality. Had an electrician scheduled to show up Saturday between 8-8:30 AM. He calls at 8:56 to say he won't be there until 9:30 now and proceeds to show up at 10:10. Good thing he was cheap, cause it kept me from complaining to his face.

Few months before that had the same problem with a plumber. Scheduled for one day, wait for hours, no show. Call them and find out they had to reschedule and failed to tell me. I just canceled and told them I would look elsewhere for service.

This was a problem before the pandemic and now it is just commonplace. Being late is my biggest pet peeve and I will call someone to let them know if I will be even just a few minutes late. I wish everyone else operated like that, time is money dammit! Also, people seem to have forgotten how to say "Thank you" since the pandemic, or even acknowledge your presence. I held the door open for an older guy(60-70 my guess) and he said nothing. I made sure I said "Huh, must be deaf." loud enough for him to hear, he just grumbled something. So he wasn't deaf after all..... That has become my favorite thing to say to people that don't say "Thank you" or "Good morning" back to me, "Another deaf person!"
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

11. Likes BudgetPlan1, Big Dave liked this post