autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Aussie Muscle!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aussie Muscle!

Some collectors do need to take more care though, I remember seeing this story a couple of months ago. One less classic Falcon out there.

NBN News | VINTAGE FALCON DESTROYED IN GARAGE FIRE

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Feeling nostalgic and just a bit frustrated that it won't stop raining long enough for me to get the big girl out of the garage. So I'm watching videos of other people thrashing their XR8's instead.

Watch and listen to the stability control working overtime to control the 500hp V8 on a wet track. You can sort of hear the throttle being paused in graduations as it the ESP attempts to keep the thing pointing straight.

This grainy old video from 2010 I have watched and enjoyed far too many times. This was when the 5.0 Miami V8 was released in the FPV GT, race driver James Courtney give some jurno's a couple of wild laps of Bathurst. Just listen to the supercharger wail...............

4. Thanks Klasse Act, Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, dgage, PaulMys, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

8 day's straight of rain and wind

6. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had mostly dry days all week, temps in the high 20s, and strong winds today, the ground is finally dry out. I wore shorts to work for the first time since winter. Supposed fine all weekend.

8. Likes Bosko, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    8 day's straight of rain and wind
    So over it! I'm losing jobs because I can't get a break from the rain, there's plenty to do but everything is just so wet. It's easily the worst spring on record in terms of my business.

10. Likes Bosko, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    So over it! I'm losing jobs because I can't get a break from the rain, there's plenty to do but everything is just so wet. It's easily the worst spring on record in terms of my business.
    Yeah i hear you it's giving me the shits our lawn is about 7 inches high and the ride on broke today as i was warming it up. (electrical problems)

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Deyon...place your hands on one of the cabinets, open the door and take a DEEEEP breatheAussie Muscle!...then chose a set of keys and get after itAussie Muscle!Aussie Muscle!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This video came up on my Youtube feed today, felt it was a great one to share..............

16. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you might like this. I had to find a "Secret Santa" present for my nephews father in-law. He's an old bloke who's mad about his Fords. I went looking for a book on Motorsport, he's an old towie who's worked at hundreds of races over the years, including multiple Bathursts. But I found this instead, you know I'm not into Fords, but there's a lot of really good stuff in there.

18. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I thought you might like this. I had to find a "Secret Santa" present for my nephews father in-law. He's an old bloke who's mad about his Fords. I went looking for a book on Motorsport, he's an old towie who's worked at hundreds of races over the years, including multiple Bathursts. But I found this instead, you know I'm not into Fords, but there's a lot of really good stuff in there.

Nice! I have that book as well and it's a great read.

I started to lose interest in reading about new cars a few years ago, mainly because of the same-same effect. I do however like reading about the behind-the-scenes stuff, which is where this book comes into the picture.

What I found interesting was the amount of internal Ford self-sabotage that went on over the years in regard to Ford Australia. You would think Ford as a global entity would want each and every offshoot of the company to thrive and meet their full potential. But there were far too many times over the years where Ford US management attempted to make decisions about a market they had no knowledge of. Be that insisting of a particular styling direction (AU Falcon), forcing the local team to sell inappropriate models (Taurus), not listening to the needs of local engineers (XK Falcon) or simply putting the stop to any thought of a viable export program so that other countries could buy Aussie made Falcon's, Falcon Utes and Territory's.

It's so disappointing and was one of the many cuts that contributed to the death of Ford manufacturing in Australia, and the wider car making industry in this country.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast