autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gas prices

$3.99 for the regular here as of yesterday.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    $3.99 for the regular here as of yesterday.
    Yup, the husband saw that too.
    Hot damn!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

$4.73 for super at local Costco in WA. Believe reg is $4.35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Regular @our local BP is $3.35- with my .15 cents savings got it for $3.20----I just filled up my gas cans / jugs with 44 gallons total-- totaled up to over $144.
    Gotta be prepared for a hurricane-- come November I will start using it up in my mower etc.. Its a annual deal for me.
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

5. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Filled up this afternoon, BP 95 octane, $1.64AUD per litre, converts to $4.28USD per gallon. My local BP is still the cheapest, by 25 cents a litre, which saves me $14+ per fill up when you're putting in a minimum of 56 litres.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

7. Likes Tasmania, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Filled up this afternoon, BP 95 octane, $1.64AUD per litre, converts to $4.28USD per gallon. My local BP is still the cheapest, by 25 cents a litre, which saves me $14+ per fill up when you're putting in a minimum of 56 litres.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Farrrrrk that is cheap

9. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We picked up the Lexus in Tacoma on July 29th and headed out on a 5,000 mile road trip that ended last Thursday

We paid as little as $3.99 for regular in Oregon and as much as $2.09 Canadian for a liter in the Yukon

Gas in Anchorage area is all over the board from $4.49 to $5.09 at Shell stations

The weird phenomenon we saw on our trip that I had never encountered before was stations that captured huge amounts, over and above the purchase amount on credit cards when you paid at the pump

I know debit cards used to do that but I haven't used one in years

A Love's Truck Stop in Madras Oregon captured $175 for 2.6 gallons of gas (the Lexus is a Hybrid) and this was the first of many that did it

One station in Haines Alaska captured $300

We get instant alerts on our phones for large or unusual purchases and as I said, we hadn't run into this before

The captured amounts all went off the account the next business day but I know that could be a huge deal for some people, locking up what might be their only available credit

11. Likes dgage, luckydawg, Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gas prices

MSN

Despite all the doom and gloom we are in a better position than most.

“The U.S. will outperform other markets, currencies and economies…”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Dislikes luckydawg disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the increase in card holds is something that has made the news. You could prepay to avoid that. That happened to us when we went to Iceland a few years ago. The gas pumps ask you how much you want before pumping. The first few times I just picked fill the tank which led to huge holds on my card. Once you realize how much gas you need, you can pick a smaller amount and it only did a hold for that amount. It would be nice if the pumps around here had that option.

I was at Glacier National Park at the end of the last month. Gas was like 4.10 on the west side of the park. On the East side of the park where there's less civilization, they gouged you for 5.79.

15. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Yeah, the increase in card holds is something that has made the news. You could prepay to avoid that. That happened to us when we went to Iceland a few years ago. The gas pumps ask you how much you want before pumping. The first few times I just picked fill the tank which led to huge holds on my card. Once you realize how much gas you need, you can pick a smaller amount and it only did a hold for that amount. It would be nice if the pumps around here had that option.

I was at Glacier National Park at the end of the last month. Gas was like 4.10 on the west side of the park. On the East side of the park where there's less civilization, they gouged you for 5.79.
    It took most of the trip but I finally figured out to do as you say and not pick the Fill The Tank option

When I asked the lady at the Love's truck stop what the deal was I commented about what do people without deep pockets do and she said the same thing, they come in and prepay

Its just weird that I have never seen that before this trip

I drove our motorhome from Alaska to Arizona in 2019 to sell and then took a road trip through the southwest and don't remember it being a thing, and this was my first time driving through America since then

The highest I paid in US dollars was over $6.00 in Haines Alaska, literally the end of the road

Summer in Alaska gets expensive, from Memorial Day through Labor Day prices for everything skyrocket because of tourist season

When my wife was looking for some days in Hotels in Anchorage after coming off our road trip she was seeing hotels in the area were more than the Hilton Hawaiian on Waikiki

Ouch!!!

17. Likes MisterSnoop liked this post
Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast