autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What? Lol
    This shows charging stations along your route where are you are going and how long each station will take to charge your car and how many miles you will have afterwards. It’s pretty neat and intuitive. I flubbed up the first attempt at explaining lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    How long would you have to wait for a full charge after driving that 330 miles?

63,000 eh? Dont think the price of all the vehicles ive purchaced so far in my life would add up to that lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Sorry, it takes about 8 hours at home. At a supercharger around town 40min maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post
    Sorry, it takes about 8 hours at home. At a supercharger around town 40min maybe?
    This is general and not directed at you Mattmann. It also depends on how much you’re trying to charge. The general rule if you don’t need maximum range is to charge to 80%, which doesn’t take as long. It is the charge from 80-90 and especially from 90-100% that really takes longer since you’re trying to cram electrons in for a full charge. If you always charge to 80% your battery should last longer than if you always charge to 100% though this depends on the battery chemistry.

5. Likes mattmann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    This is general and not directed at you Mattmann. It also depends on how much you’re trying to charge. The general rule if you don’t need maximum range is to charge to 80%, which doesn’t take as long. It is the charge from 80-90 and especially from 90-100% that really takes longer since you’re trying to cram electrons in for a full charge. If you always charge to 80% your battery should last longer than if you always charge to 100% though this depends on the battery chemistry.
    You are 100% correct! Thanks for shedding light on that. I know mine was set at 80% from the factory and I adjusted to 90% and you’re right. That last 10% takes forever! Still very easy and well worth it IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post
    You are 100% correct! Thanks for shedding light on that. I know mine was set at 80% from the factory and I adjusted to 90% and you’re right. That last 10% takes forever! Still very easy and well worth it IMHO
    While we’re educating people on electric vehicles, another big surprise for electric vehicle owners is the reduced range in the winter. A gas/diesel wastes most of the fuel energy on heat (diesel/gas engines are generally less than 40% efficient in turning energy into motion) so an ICE vehicle has plenty of (wasted) heat to keep the cabin warm. This obviously isn’t true of an electric vehicle so more energy must be spent warming up the cabin as well as the batteries in colder weather. This is also why Tesla’s new heat pump was such a big deal as it made the traditional car AC/heat unit much more efficient. But the point of all that is to say that electric vehicles won’t achieve the same range at 30 degree as they will at 70. Same with too much heat as the batteries and cabin will need to be cooled when it is 100+ outside. Even when you’re not running an electric car, the batteries may need to be warmed/cooled to make sure they maintain maximum life so there might be some drain when not in use and not plugged in if the weather outside is brutal.

8. Likes mattmann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    While we’re educating people on electric vehicles, another big surprise for electric vehicle owners is the reduced range in the winter. A gas/diesel wastes most of the fuel energy on heat (diesel/gas engines are generally less than 40% efficient in turning energy into motion) so an ICE vehicle has plenty of (wasted) heat to keep the cabin warm. This obviously isn’t true of an electric vehicle so more energy must be spent warming up the cabin as well as the batteries in colder weather. This is also why Tesla’s new heat pump was such a big deal as it made the traditional car AC/heat unit much more efficient. But the point of all that is to say that electric vehicles won’t achieve the same range at 30 degree as they will at 70. Same with too much heat as the batteries and cabin will need to be cooled when it is 100+ outside. Even when you’re not running an electric car, the batteries may need to be warmed/cooled to make sure they maintain maximum life so there might be some drain when not in use and not plugged in if the weather outside is brutal.
    This is true as well. Last week it was 100F here and the range was reduced for sure. This rings true when “cabin protection” mode is on for say “dog mode” or bringing the cabin up to desired temp before leaving. But it’s also super nice having that option!

10. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

North Fl. / , S. - Mid. Ga. trip today gas was anywhere from $3.86 to around $4.19 for 87 octane
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    North Fl. / , S. - Mid. Ga. trip today gas was anywhere from $3.86 to around $4.19 for 87 octane
    I'm gonna drive down there tomorrow morning and fill up!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

14. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Filled up all 3 vehicles in southern Ky at $4.29 87 octane. My F150 was at a little under half a tank and still took $72. I drive 45 ish miles a week round trip to work, hopefully by the time I need to fill up again, it’ll be lower.

Post Thanks / Like

I had an 8th of a tank and needed to fill up. Had $60 cash on me and didn’t even get me to 3/4 a tank. Gas prices

Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast