autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I agree. Our roads are generally bad enough everywhere.

The problem is, like a lot of things, the reaction takes a long time. Even if production of crude oil was increased immediately, we likely wouldn’t see the results for many months. And it doesn’t look like any of the big oil companies are wanting to react to what could be short term or artificial demand.
    Your tellin me...i live in the orange cone state also called the pothole state lol...and transportation funding is a necessity for my line of work.

You're right that it may take time if oil production was ramped up. But ive also read that prices would drop pretty quick if drilling and such were unsmothered by the admin. But who knowsGas prices.

If i were a big oil company, i would not want to invest in something that would be short term either... only to be choked off by the green energy loons.cant blame them if that were to be true.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Your tellin me...i live in the orange cone state also called the pothole state lol...and transportation funding is a necessity for my line of work.

You're right that it may take time if oil production was ramped up. But ive also read that prices would drop pretty quick if drilling and such were unsmothered by the admin. But who knowsGas prices.

If i were a big oil company, i would not want to invest in something that would be short term either... only to be choked off by the green energy loons.cant blame them if that were to be true.
    We all know what happened with the Keystone pipeline but beyond that, surprisingly I read that the Biden administration had signed more licenses for oil drilling in the first 2 years than the Trump administration in their last 2 years. The issue with the licenses signed by both administrations is that most of the licenses went unused. So I think the issue is more with the oil companies and where they plan to invest their funds or if they plan to invest since there is a lot of risk in the market right now. And if you think about it, it makes sense that the licenses weren’t being used since the cost of oil was so far below $100/bbl the last few years and now that they’re obviously higher prices, if the Russian/Ukrainian war ends tomorrow, the price of oil would drop overnight though by how much is the question. And companies across all industries usually pause investing when there is so much risk and uncertainty with the economy.

And again, the Keystone pipeline would have carried shitty sands oil that is intensive in terms of abrasiveness to refining equipment and the amount of energy and water required to refine it into usable oil. That oil may have actually ended up oversea to be refined as I read the US refineries would rather not process the sands oil.

4. Likes opie, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I researched again on if the Keystone oil would have been exported and as usual, it depends on which side you’re on as some say the Keystone would transfer oil to the Gulf Coast pipeline and be exported and others say there is no proof that oil would be exported.

While researching that, I found that the US exports a lot of oil, more than ever before; over 8.5 million barrels PER DAY last year. This covers all types of petroleum products: crude oil, natural gas, gasoline, fuel oil, etc.
    • U.S. petroleum exports 1950-2021 | Statista

Which then begs the question if the US reduces oil exports, would gas prices go down and apparently not since price is tied to global supply/demand.
    A Ban on U.S. Crude Oil Exports Would Not Lower Gasoline Prices at the Pump -
    Dallasfed.org

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict that sometime in the future gas prices will go up and go down.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou fed chair jerome powell for stating what us average americans already knew....that everything we are dealing with is not because of some putin price hike, like lunchbox joe like to keep saying it is.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9. Likes Jayfro, luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently $4.95/gal. Filled up last night. Had to make 6 trips into work this past week. 16.2 Gal @ $80.44
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

$4.38 here

Post Thanks / Like

$2.50 for one litre of premium diesel

Post Thanks / Like

People need to understand that a president cannot waive a magic wand to change prices. Alot goes into determining gas prices. While a president can temporarily try to open reserves and increase supply it is not going to have really any effect on the price. NJ for example has a law that you cannot pump your own gas ie a person has to do it for you.....Nearby CT does yet their prices are higher often.

The keystone XL pipeline ( a continuation of the candian Keystone pipeline) used dirty tar sands oil that would often leak our of the pipe that was poorly built which is bad for the environment. It also would have been sent to other countries and also was not going to be sold on the US market. Alot also goes into the price of gas and right now its pretty obvious we are being gouged at the pump. Even during the worst of times years ago gas was at most 4.50 ish.
    Solutions would be getting off foreign oil but also reducing carbon footprint all together,

In regards to politics. You imo can have your view point, protest, get into good trouble as the wise words of john lewis once said, make changes, improve lives etc but never is it right to do what alot of the last admin did,ie threaten staff, bring guns to white house, attempt to overthrow govt, attack capitol police, attempt to attack Secret service, destroy property, lie, push false narratives over and over. You might not like the current admin for polices of other things but please dont tell me what the last admin did was okay to do. Im tired of hearing that it was just not that bad or a tourist visit etc.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

14. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

yup flying around on the merrit in gas guzzlers then be like Muh GaS PricES are ToO HigH !!!
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast