autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Road Salt Remover / Neutralizer ?

I have been around for quite awhile and one thing that I keep looking for and think that Autogeek is missing in their “Winter Car Care” section of their offerings is a Road Salt Remover / Neutralizer.

Being in Ohio and dealing with road salt issues every winter has me looking for an option for something to add to my cleaning routine to make the job safer and better. I don't see myself moving south anytime soon due to work and family so coming up with a solution would be great.

I have read about distilled white vinegar mixes that could be sprayed on and used to help remove salt. I have also heard of an Optimum ONR/MDR mix that would possibly do something similar. (1oz ONR / 2-4oz MDR / 1 Gal Water)

2. Likes CleanIT, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Road Salt Remover / Neutralizer ?

Auto-Fanatic has a couple vids on thisRoad Salt Remover / Neutralizer ?Road Salt Remover / Neutralizer ?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe try Bilt-Hamber Touchless or Auto-Foam to see where that gets you too, worth a tryRoad Salt Remover / Neutralizer ?Road Salt Remover / Neutralizer ?

5. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it’s an option but I’m not a big fan of using the pay and spray car wash. In the winter it’s far enough away that everything freezes on the way home after use and I dislike having to pay $2+ per use just to try and spray things down.

Due to the crazy directions for use on Bilt-Hamber Touchless, I don’t really have any desire to try and use that. To much work.

I guess I was thinking that an easy pre-spray product that I could spray on before doing a regular or rinse-less wash would be ideal to help get rid of the bonded salt.

7. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I know it’s an option but I’m not a big fan of using the pay and spray car wash. In the winter it’s far enough away that everything freezes on the way home after use and I dislike having to pay $2+ per use just to try and spray things down.

Due to the crazy directions for use on Bilt-Hamber Touchless, I don’t really have any desire to try and use that. To much work.

I guess I was thinking that an easy pre-spray product that I could spray on before doing a regular or rinse-less wash would be ideal to help get rid of the bonded salt.
    The instructions for Touchless are likely the way they are because every foam cannon dilutes product differently, so they can’t give a standard dilution ratio. If you were willing to use it in an IK foamer, it would be a lot simpler - for a PIR of 4%, mix at 1:24 product:water.
    Francis

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whip's Wax makes a salt remover. I tried spraying it on before going through the touchless. It gets the salt off, but it needs agitation or it leaves a film. The touchless didn’t remove the film. I didn’t have time to remove it manually.

It then got too cold, snowed again, now I have a salt-covered car. Later in the week, it’s going to warm a bit. I may give it another go.

Post Thanks / Like

I added 4 oz to 1.5 gallon in my IK Foam 9 and it worked great, the Bilt-Hamber Touchless melted 3 weeks of salt muck away. The PIR ratios are really something but I have a Griot's Garage foam gun and it looks like its going to be 25% product/75% water to start, so 8 oz to 24 oz water. That might be a bit high but I'm starting there and experiment from there. I think for routine washes where I might do a RW or WW, I might be able to lower it to 5-6 oz, we'll see.

Don't be intimidated by Bilt-Hamber Road Salt Remover / Neutralizer ?

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy hell that green lettering hurts my eyes! Lol but seriiusly makes it hard for me to read

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I have been around for quite awhile and one thing that I keep looking for and think that Autogeek is missing in their “Winter Car Care” section of their offerings is a Road Salt Remover / Neutralizer.

Being in Ohio and dealing with road salt issues every winter has me looking for an option for something to add to my cleaning routine to make the job safer and better. I don't see myself moving south anytime soon due to work and family so coming up with a solution would be great.

I have read about distilled white vinegar mixes that could be sprayed on and used to help remove salt. I have also heard of an Optimum ONR/MDR mix that would possibly do something similar. (1oz ONR / 2-4oz MDR / 1 Gal Water)
    For easier readability

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw 303 makes a salt neutralizing wash boost. Not currently listed at Autogeek but they do sell 303 so maybe in the future?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast