autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Chiefs & Bills

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs & Bills

That was INSANE! Never seen a football game like that period. Guess they are already calling it best game of all time. All the playoff games this weekend were really great. No love for Brady this year.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes dgage, Daviddear30, limited0602 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chiefs & Bills

Amazing game but the overtime rules need to change. Especially in a game like that where the defenses are exhausted. I think this stat sums up the problem; in playoff overtime games, the team that won the toss was 10-1. Chance shouldn’t determine a professional football game’s outcome, especially in the playoffs.

Now that stat evens out in the regular season with 163 overtime games since the most recent overtime rule change and teams that won the coin toss won 86 times with 10 ties. But I’d say the talent level of teams in the playoffs are more even than many regular season games.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think the rules are ok for regular season games but the kicking team should get a chance to score a touchdown if the receiving team scores one on the opening OT drive. If both score, whoever is on top at the end of 15 min.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Amazing game but the overtime rules need to change. Especially in a game like that where the defenses are exhausted. I think this stat sums up the problem; in playoff overtime games, the team that won the toss was 10-1. Chance shouldn’t determine a professional football game’s outcome, especially in the playoffs.

Now that stat evens out in the regular season with 163 overtime games since the most recent overtime rule change and teams that won the coin toss won 86 times with 10 ties. But I’d say the talent level of teams in the playoffs are more even than many regular season games.
    I was at the AFC playoff game in 2018 between the Patriots and the Chiefs that ended in a tie in regulation. Patriots won the toss and Brady drove down the field in the first drive to score a touchdown in overtime.
    The Chiefs tried to get the rule changed for the following year and was out voted for no change. Even the Bills voted no. That game was a heartbreaker due to Brady being intercepted and would have sealed the win in regulation, only to be called back due to Dee Ford lining up in the neutral zone which allowed the Patriots to tie the game in regulation.

Chiefs tried to change overtime rules after their playoff loss to the Patriots. Now those rules saved them. - Pats Pulpit

6. Likes dgage, limited0602 liked this post