autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

TV is starting to act a little buggy - Perfect excuse to get something new

The top of my screen has been showing signs of...something...which means it'll only get worse over time. It's a 10 year old Samsung something-or-other that's been really nice and honestly I'm surprised it has lasted this long.

The TV is mounted above the fireplace, and at 46" there isn't much room to get too large. 50" would be ideal, 55" would be the absolute limit.

I'm not looking to break the bank, either. I've heard good things about certain Hisense models. Basically I'm looking for the biggest bang-for-the-buck 4K set.

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TV is starting to act a little buggy - Perfect excuse to get something new

lots and lots of choices...good news...you new TV will probably be cheaper than your old Samsung....lol

I have an LG OLED 65"...love it

Post Thanks / Like

Your Samsung is probably an LCD.

I have the 46" and 51" models.

LCD screens will start to lose picture quality, and actually get images "burned-in" over time. (Like if you leave your TV on for your dogs every day, and it's on NBC news with their logo in the corner. That logo was "burned" into my screen after about 8 years.)

But like Bosko said, there are tons more options today. I believe I paid about $475 for my 51" in 2013. They are cheaper today, with better quality.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Consumer Reports has something online about TVs. I’d trust what they would have to say. I have a 13 year old LG that works fine minus the remote but I rarely use it. Might be why it has lasted so long. My other TVs are from an assortment of brands.

If I were in the market for a new TV I’d search Consumer Reports. Also I think TVs go on sale around Super Bowl Sunday. May be on the lookout for that.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    lots and lots of choices...good news...you new TV will probably be cheaper than your old Samsung....lol

I have an LG OLED 65"...love it
    100%! The TV was a wedding gift. At the time it was a shade over $1000.

Crazy, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    If I were in the market for a new TV I’d search Consumer Reports. Also I think TVs go on sale around Super Bowl Sunday. May be on the lookout for that.
    What a great suggestion. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Double post, please delete.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how you make out
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the Hisense U7G 55” at Best Buy for $600 a month ago. Love it. Picture quality is very good out of the box. Go on YouTube to get picture settings to dial in the picture. Check out the reviews on YouTube. Gets excellent reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend LG OLED but you said you don’t want to break the bank and that is a pricey TV. It’s also way better than competition.

What do you watch? If it’s just cable, it’s not worth getting such a nice TV. If you have a quality streaming device or an ultra HD blu-ray player, then a good TV makes a difference.

One thing to keep in mind is the sound out of these modern TVs sucks big time. You’ll likely want at least a sound bar to have something that sounds ok. My LG’s sound is absolutely junk but I use a Sony sound bar with a sub and then it’s decent.
    Bruno Soares

13. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes opie liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast