autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

So I was surfing around and came across thus product and it peaked my interestP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts? I read 2 reviews on it, one said it was better than Brake Buster while the other said he'd be going back to Brake BusterP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

P&S has been serious about upgrading staples in their line-up lately, i.e. Dream Maker > Beadmaker & Paint Gloss and now I'm wondering if they've done it here as wellP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

So if you've used it I'd love to hear your thoughts and also HOW you used it, straight or in a foamer mixed with distilled water at a ratioP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

Btw I see they've got a new tire cleaner as wellP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts? It's said to be a prep for adding a tire coating but even if your not adding a coating persay it's gotta clean the tire very well for that application alone. I like where this company is goingP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes chilly, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

I dont think you could have a cleaner/shiner car with what you are using now....lol
    Stick with what works...my $0.02

4. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I dont think you could have a cleaner/shiner car with what you are using now....lol
    Stick with what works...my $0.02
    Thank you very muchP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

That said, Beadmaker really gave some extra "pop" but when I tried Dream Maker I could see a notch better Gloss, so if this product has "that little extra" like what I just mentioned I'll give it a try when Brake Buster is running low.

That said I need to know about how it works in a foamer as I like using it and the dwell time really makes a difference when cleaning my tires/wheelsP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

6. Likes Bosko, chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Bosko. What you’ve been using is working. I dare another blue car to pull up next to yours.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, Klasse Act, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea this product was even out there, in fact, I just left the P&S site and the only reference I saw for this product was empty spray bottles, and I looked in the "Renny Doyle Collection" section and the "Wheels and Tires" section

I certainly don't remember any reviews or mention of it when I was researching Brake Buster

I kind of feel chumped because this is the product performance level (assuming it's true) I THOUGHT I was buying when I got Brake Buster based on soooooo many reviews

If this stuff can clean crappy looking tires and rims that Brake Buster won't touch (despite the BB claims on the interwebs) and you can dilute it down a long way for cleaner stuffs then why even have 2 products

I am kind of feeling a Chemical Guys vibe here

10. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand your frustration for sure Chilly but I think P&S is above CG's when it comes to product quality and value. I don't think your saying that Brake Buster was the "be all, end all" product out there when it comes to tire and wheel cleaning, right? I mean most people here, myself included, use it exclusively as a maintence product and for me it does do a great jobP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

If I was doing more side jobs where I needed something stronger I'd probably have Sonax Beast or Griot's Garage HD wheel cleaner ready to go, or some others I'm not remembering right now.

I'm also curious about this new tire prep P&S has too, should be able to use it up in the wheelwells too and because it's P&S i5 has built in value, so using it in the foamer would be equally niceP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

12. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn’t trying to compare the two brands as far as quality goes, that’s for sure

I use a couple of very generic CG items but never moved beyond them into their larger lineup, partly based on so many people on here and their opinions

I just not a big fan of the “let’s have multiple products that do essentially the same thing but are different colors and smells” scenario

I realized quite quickly that BB was for maintenance use only

It was my bad for buying into the hype and buying a gallon instead of a spray bottle to test

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I wasn’t trying to compare the two brands as far as quality goes, that’s for sure

I use a couple of very generic CG items but never moved beyond them into their larger lineup, partly based on so many people on here and their opinions

I just not a big fan of the “let’s have multiple products that do essentially the same thing but are different colors and smells” scenario

I realized quite quickly that BB was for maintenance use only

It was my bad for buying into the hype and buying a gallon instead of a spray bottle to test
    No worries P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

I mean you can use it up as a maintence product or trade it with someone hereP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts? I do get what your saying about multiple products that do the same thing for sure. Even though Beadmaker leaves behind "protection"P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts? it's basically a Gloss booster, just like Paint Gloss is and now they've got Dream Maker which the later being my choice of the 3 now and will not ever need the other 2 going forward. For me it's the performance as well as the value and for those reasons alone I'm a repeat customer. I also have their Pearl soap and for pre-washing, it's another solid choice because of perf/cost. I'll be checking out other products at some point but will buy the 16 oz bottle firstP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

16. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    No worries P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

I'll be checking out other products at some point but will buy the 16 oz bottle firstP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

^^^^^ Best Practice ^^^^^

Apparently I am not that smart...

18. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    ^^^^^ Best Practice ^^^^^

Apparently I am not that smart...

Besides not going "all in" if you do like the product you've got a bottle with a nice label on it already for when you buy the gallonP&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?P&S Knock-off...anyone use it, thoughts?

20. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast