autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question HYUNDIA SANTA CRUZ

Walkaround (One Take)| 2022 SANTA CRUZ | Hyundai - YouTube

Guess it puts you in mind of the BRAT? Seen one in traffic Friday. WTH is that? So i looked it up. Part SUV & part truck. Don't know how this is going to do for them?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HYUNDIA SANTA CRUZ

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Walkaround (One Take)| 2022 SANTA CRUZ | Hyundai - YouTube

Guess it puts you in mind of the BRAT? So one in traffic Friday. WTH is that? So i looked it up. Part SUV & part truck. Don't know how this is going to do for them?
    I can tell you how it's doing for them...they can't keep them on the lot! It's a hotter seller than the ugly C8. I've seen several on the road and it really stands outHYUNDIA SANTA CRUZHYUNDIA SANTA CRUZ

It's built on the Tuscon platform and looks similar to the Tuscon in the front. I really hope they do an off-road version of this with a rugged look, it will be an even hotter sellerHYUNDIA SANTA CRUZIt's going to be compared to the Maverick and Ridgeline but this thing is just heads and tails above them both.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

It's a Tuscon with the back hatch cut off......LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    It's a Tuscon with the back hatch cut off......LOL
    There's probably some truth to that but I think it's a little longer though. I do know this, Hyundai/KIA/Genesis just continue to kill it out thereHYUNDIA SANTA CRUZI'm no electric car fan but all 3 of them have really nice ones coming out, especially Hyundai with the Ionic5HYUNDIA SANTA CRUZ

5. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how car companies are bringing lighter duty pick-ups to the market, not everyone needs massive tow ratings or the ability to rock crawl. These offer car/SUV comfort but with the versatility of load bed. I just wish the likes of the Maverick and Santa Cruz were made available to the Australian market as I believe they would sell strongly.

In fact, we made this sort of car for decades in Australia, the OG 'lifestyle' vehicle...............the Ute -

These were made on the same platform as the sedans and wagons, with the same interiors and powertrains. Combined with a powerful V8, these things offered comfort and performance that any pickup could only dream of. These days, the Australian market pickups are basically all motivated by asthmatic small capacity diesel engines and are all about towing caravans and trailers.

7. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Look's like Subaru XV with the back cut off.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a Tuscon with the back chopped off. It's a direct competitor to the Ridgeline, though a little smaller, and the in-bound Maverick.

I'm not a truck person at all, but if I had the mind to buy a truck, this would be the class of vehicle I'd look at. I don't need to haul tons of cargo in the bed or the ability to pull my house off it's foundation. Something with a bit larger cargo area than a SUV to haul garden supplies, the occasional large power tool, or something like a kayak is all I need. They drive/ride far better, not to mention much easier to park and maneuver in traffic.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of these in my condo garage and it is not even a pick up truck. And that’s OK with me , but you have to realize it’s a Tucson with a package tray that’s exposed to the air in the back you can’t even get a bicycle back there one wheel hangs over the back of the truck. It’s supposed to be a sport activity vehicle ,something you use to maybe go up to a campsite with all your camping stuff in the package tray…
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I have one of these in my condo garage and it is not even a pick up truck. And that’s OK with me , but you have to realize it’s a Tucson with a package tray that’s exposed to the air in the back you can’t even get a bicycle back there one wheel hangs over the back of the truck. It’s supposed to be a sport activity vehicle ,something you use to maybe go up to a campsite with all your camping stuff in the package tray…
    They probably offer that cage extension for longer itemsHYUNDIA SANTA CRUZHYUNDIA SANTA CRUZ

Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea the bed is so short. If it won't even carry a bike, the usability isn't very good.

I bet you can buy one of those bed extension things that you mount with the tailgate down to provide extra space. I remember seeing a lot of those when Ford built that small truck based on the old Explorer. That bed was really short too.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast