autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek ad's on other websites...

How do I turn them off & stop them completely? I'm a member of this forum, therefore I don't need to see them plastered all over just about every website I visit.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek ad's on other websites...

I don't think you can just turn them off or stop them completely. I believe that's just the algorithm working with your "interests & hobbies". I get them too from other companies. I'm currently looking for new tires for my truck and the past week I've seen a ton of ad's popping up for tires and I haven't joined any email lists or signed up for any promotions from these websites that sell tires. Same with Auto Insurance. I would like to change my auto insurance and all of a sudden I'm getting ad's, emails, and phone calls about auto insurance. It's crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    How do I turn them off & stop them completely? I'm a member of this forum, therefore I don't need to see them plastered all over just about every website I visit.

Install this on your computer. I've been using it for years. No more having companies follow you around constantly advertising to you.

Adblock Plus | The world's #1 free ad blocker
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

Post Thanks / Like

adsettings.google.com
    Your can turn off ad personalization but it could be ads served up thru a different company. That should have a link to AdChoices as well but it's unavoidable to some extent.

5. Thanks bill walsh, ZRX61 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Duckduckgo.com problem solved lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

7. Thanks ZRX61 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Install this on your computer. I've been using it for years. No more having companies follow you around constantly advertising to you.

Adblock Plus | The world's #1 free ad blocker
    I have that, in fact the anti virus software I have installs it every time I run the program thinking I don't have it. For some reason it wasn't getting the AG ad's. I found an "opt out" option & had to click it for each of the 7 AG ad's on one page.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

I get something similar with Face Book...after researching anything on Google, I start getting ads like crazy on FB about my search subjects.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I get something similar with Face Book...after researching anything on Google, I start getting ads like crazy on FB about my search subjects.
    I run the FaceBook Purity add-on. No ad's on FB at all

Post Thanks / Like

Use Brave as your browser

Post Thanks / Like

It can be turned off, at the very least reduced over time. There's no magic bullet given how social media works in the background. It all depends on where the web site cookies came from and how they are subsequently updated and referenced. These days, one web page can literally have dozens of web links to tracking sites.

1. Try this link: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html
    2. Clear all cookies from your cache
    3. Use a browser like Tor, Brave, and search engines like DuckDuckGo. Also, Google is OK if you add an "@" at the beginning of a search term you do not want tracked
    4. If you use Edge/Chrome/Firefox, use it in private mode; although this is not necessarily 100%
    5. Don't link accounts like Google with Firefox, Insta, Telegram, etc.... that's what enables all this in the first place.

13. Likes opie liked this post