autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

*Your first car*

This was my first car I owned 1978 Camaro...purchase in 1983.....that is when the detail bug hit

2. Likes PaulMys, DFB, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: *Your first car*

Embarrassing, that is the best way to describe my first car. 1983 Datsun Bluebird. 1.6 litres of fury. 60 HP when new, and it still managed to break it's transmission a month after I bought it.

Far better, in looks at least, was my Mum's first car, a 1970 Ford Capri, slow 4 cylinder, but looked cool in Racing Green. This pic isn't hers, bit it's the same colour, no stripe, and different wheels, on hers . Oh, and the interior was black vinyl.*Your first car*-psx_20211108_222038-jpg*Your first car*-psx_20211108_221859-jpg*Your first car*-psx_20211108_221826-jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

4. Likes Bosko, Tasmania, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dig that Capri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I dig that Capri
    Apparently it was Ford UKs answer to the Mustang.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Apparently it was Ford UKs answer to the Mustang.

I just remember cars like this would rust out in less than 2 years back then.....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I just remember cars like this would rust out in less than 2 years back then.....LOL
    I remember rust killing both my second and third cars, both Holden Commodores, a 79 and an 86. In its last iteration, the Commodore became the Chevrolet SS.

9. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1973 Hornet Sportabout hand me down from parents, the early 70's version of the Family Truckster *Your first car*

Eh, beat taking the bus to school...barely.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

96 Explorer XLT with the 5.0. My dad got this off his friend for $800. It ran great but it used to kill me in gas...some lady hit it while it was parked by the curb in front of our house and totaled it. I used to smoke my buddy in his dad's 04 Ram. Good times. *Your first car*-1996-ford-explorer-xlt-v-8-photo-557167-s-original-jpg

12. Likes Bosko, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first car was a '90~'92 (don't remember the exact year) Pontiac Grand Am SE 4-door I bought my senior year of college. It looked very similar to the one in this picture, but I took much better care of it with frequent applications of NuFinish. This one in the picture appears to have a V-6, but mine had the terribly anemic 4-cyclinder which was barely pushing out 100hp.

The car was shockingly terrible in every measurable way. Build quality was typical GM malaise-era and was falling apart when I traded it in with 95K miles. The only redeeming feature of the car was the manual transmission and the fact it was my car. After going through four years of college with no car, it greatly improved my quality of life.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

14. Likes Bosko, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically my first car was an '84 Chevrolet Nova sedan (Corrolla cousin), Baby blue metallic over blue cloth/vinyl. Unfortunately (well, maybe not), it only lasted 400 miles of me driving around my neighborhood without my license before it blew a head gasket. Sold it to a friend's brother who put two head gaskets in it (the head was warped) and used it as a commuter for many miles.

Not mine, but near match:

*Your first car*-cn-gif

First car I got to put legal miles on was a four door '83 Chevrolet Chevette. 66hp, Automatic, no power steering, no power brakes (so light it didn't need them). Little 155mm wide pizza cutter tires. That car was a absolute riot - every snow fall I'd load up 3 friends and we'd go treat empty roads like rally stages. Learned a lot about car control (and conservation of momentum!) with that car. Wish I had pictures of it - turns out it's really hard to find pictures online in the color I had. Here's best I could find - mine didn't have that black trim strip on the side (I may have taken them off, it's been forever). Also should have taken pictures of the time I did a full (outline) electrical tape flame job during a slow night at my high school job - having never done flames before I was pretty proud of how it turned out.

*Your first car*-cv-jpg

Thinking back, my detail bug started before I had my license - I've always loved cars, and cleaning them meant I at least got driveway time with them. That Nova, though broken, was Spotless when I parted ways with it.

16. Likes Bosko, Big Dave liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.