autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lottery Car, what's yours?

Lottery Car, what's yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lottery Car, what's yours?

Toyota Hilux dual cab ute with a nice light bar.
    Or a 2022 Ford raptor.

I'm a simple man as long as a car has good headlights and brakes, that will do.

3. Likes luckydawg, Klasse Act, dgage, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post

as long as a car has good headlights and brakes, that will do.
    As long as we have food , clothing & shelter that is enough

5. Dislikes Tasmania disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a couple of my "cars" that id want to use/play with on that newly acquired big chunk of land lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

7. Likes fly07sti, dgage, BudgetPlan1, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Just a couple of my "cars" that id want to use/play with on that newly acquired big chunk of land lol

I "dig" thoseLottery Car, what's yours?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of going to Las Vegas for vacation and was looking for things to do with the family. There was the race day at the race track that I was of course interested in but I was also interested in the BiG toys that could be played with. They had the smaller excavators and machines but you could also rent time in the big boys to move dirt and other things. Would be pretty cool. When I buy some land, hopefully in the next few years, i plan to buy a bucket loader with a dozer attachment.

11. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else want one for those customized Peterbilt semis? Massive lottery win I’d buy one ��
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Well, since we're listing multiple cars, I'll admit to thinking about it 'just a bit' last Winter. I don't play the lotto so I went with "If I should ever find a shoebox full of cash"

So, what to do with a shoebox full of cash should I ever run across one?

Uh, buy cars of course.

Practical Cars for everyday use, Spring, Summer and Fall

2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 Base Price: $86,800, as equipped: $105,280.00

Of course, a new Cayman GTS 4.0 for seasonal daily driver use. Still keeping the original I got in September 2019 ( 2016 Cayman S ) 'cuz maybe I don't like this one and I *know* I like that one but what the heck, it's my shoebox full of cash. Logo's deleted, PDK for convenience and ease of use, keyless entry so I don't gotta reach into my pocket and Agate Gray paint cuz that stuff stays clean looking with very minimal effort. 14-ways seats as I know we can spend 12hrs in 'em and be comfortable; weird, such a small car but extraordinarily roomy for a tall, lanky guy like me. Practical car, no?

2021 Corvette Stingray Hard Top Convertible 3LT Base Price: $77,850.00, as equipped: $94,955.00

Well, since we've had a Corvette in the garage since 2004, may as well keep one here for my wife as she's a 'Corvette Girl' all of her life. Dunno if she'd dump her Black C7 for a C8 but advantage to C8 for Hard Top Coupe...up and down w/ the push of a button. In both our C5 and C7 the targa top became a pain PITA to remove, something she couldn't do on her own so this would address that issue. May as well do a nice metallic red as I'm about done with black cars.

Kinda ugly wheel choices, would have to do something about that but here in fantasy-land, dropping $10k on wheels is a non-issue.

2021 BMW M5 Sedan Base MSRP $103,500; as equipped: $123,179.00

Cuz' sometimes ya just need a big, honkin' 4-door car. Dunno if everyone considers a M5 to be a 'big' car but the way I park and drive, it's pretty big to me. Always wanted a BMW for some reason, may as well be this one.

2021 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring, Base Price $31,770.00 , As Equipped $37,390.00

As I like small, 'tossable' cars, what better fits that category than a Miata? And Soul Red paint is one of the *best* paint colors I've run across so double-win for my needs. Powerful? Not really...but who cares? I'm guessing with the manual transmission this thing would just be tons of fun!

WINTER DRIVERS

2021 Porsche Macan Turbo, Base Price: $84,600.00, as Equipped: $105,600.00

Sometimes ya need more than 2 doors and a little more room never hurt anyone.

2021 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, Base Price: $122,400.00, As Equipped: $161,145.00

All wheel drive and the Winter tire & wheel Package... safety first!. We'll give white a try so maybe the salt stuck to it doesn't look all that bad (Yeah, right.)

Some silly things added like puddle lights and frankly, I have no idea what exactly the 'Ionizer' is but it says something about healthy air so I figure if I were to find a shoebox full of cash and used it to buy cars, I'd like to maintain my health for as long as possible. While diet and exercise might be a better way to do that, maybe I can shortcut it by driving around in a car with an Ionizer; sounds like a plan and it doesn't involve eating leafy green vegetables and fish so I'm gonna go with it.

TOYS

2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback, 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine $40,120, As Equipped: $50,705

Yeah, a Mustang. Not a GT500, Not a GT350 but a simple GT Coupe w/ a manual transmission. One of the cars I regret selling was a black 2013 Mustang GT Premium coupe w/ spoiler delete. Don't like spoilers, kinda simple car w/ I think 420hp, 6-spd manual, 3.73 gears, Trak Pak assorted options. Threw some Bassani axle-backs on it and it was stupid fun, probably the best sounding car I've ever had. 12.8@112mph first time out at the track. Great car but traded it in on a new 2016 Subaru WRX 'cuz I got tired of having 4 cars w/ a 2 car garage and figr'd the Subie would be a reasonably fun car that I could use year round and then have no need for Summer and Winter cars. And it was, for 18 months after which it grew increasing tiresome....quickly. Seemed like a good idea at the time (as do many of my 'next greatest ideas').

Paint: Shadow Black; stupid Ford configurator makes it look blue but I want black...cuz I'm a glutton for punishment.

Acura NSX

All wheel drive, Honda reliabilty hopefully, not many around (to Acura's dismay I'd guess)

No black paint, the metallic red or blue would be great.

Fun cars if I had a mechanic on call to fix:

1969 AMX
    Always liked 'em, 2 seater, 390 w 4-speed.

1970 Buick GSX, better white than yellow. Monster torque, pretty rare.

1969 BOSS 429 Mustang. Cuz' bigger is better. Just love the Mustangs w the scoops on quarter panel.

1970 LS6 Chevelle Convertible. Blue w white stripes. Not so much for me but this is my wife's dream car. Guessing i could get used to it Lottery Car, what's yours?

Edit: OK, not a pic of a convertible but pretend it is as this is all kinda 'pretend' anyway Lottery Car, what's yours?

Plenty of others, 1970 Olds 442, 1969 Mercury Couger Eliminator but lets be practical here...that's just excessive Lottery Car, what's yours?

14. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, dgage, oneheadlite, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I was thinking of going to Las Vegas for vacation and was looking for things to do with the family. There was the race day at the race track that I was of course interested in but I was also interested in the BiG toys that could be played with. They had the smaller excavators and machines but you could also rent time in the big boys to move dirt and other things. Would be pretty cool. When I buy some land, hopefully in the next few years, i plan to buy a bucket loader with a dozer attachment.
    That would be a cool experience for folks or kids that have never had the chance to be in the seat.

And as someone who does that for a living....imo one of the most versatile machines to have around a property would be a mini excavator. Then a rubber track skid steer. Which is what im assuming you mean by a bucket loader?

Obviously the more land the bigger the toys! Haha

16. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a cool experience for folks or kids that have never had the chance to be in the seat.

And as someone who does that for a living....imo one of the most versatile machines to have around a property would be a mini excavator. Then a rubber track skid steer. Which is what im assuming you mean by a bucket loader?

Obviously the more land the bigger the toys! Haha
    Sorry, not familiar with the equipment. I meant a backhoe with a bucket loader front. Decent size so I can put different attachments such as forks to unload trucks if necessary. Would be very useful.

I plan to buy about 15-30 acres and build a little compound of a house, garage, workshop, and several bungalows for the kids to stay at as well as any guests. Retirement place for when the time comes in about 15 years.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast