autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm trying...thank youMy 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined! I'm not a young guy either, 51 yrs old with an almost 6 year oldMy 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!
    Obviously, I am completely on the outside and you control what you share. What you choose to share. But from what I see, you choose to share information about your daughter. You share when you're taking her to various activities on a daily basis to support your daughter and her growth. You have talked about your trip to the Dragon before, something you've been doing since before she was born, and now you've included your daughter in that as well. Again, you choose what to share but I see a proud dad, a good dad. You have my admiration.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Obviously, I am completely on the outside and you control what you share. What you choose to share. But from what I see, you choose to share information about your daughter. You share when you're taking her to various activities on a daily basis to support your daughter and her growth. You have talked about your trip to the Dragon before, something you've been doing since before she was born, and now you've included your daughter in that as well. Again, you choose what to share but I see a proud dad, a good dad. You have my admiration.
    You have no idea what that means to me to hear this. It's been a mostly rough almost 2 years for me, one day at a time (to borrow that saying coined by people in a different situation)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, Jayfro liked this post
    Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the Dragon. Next time we go we’re staying at Tapoco Lodge - classic old time lodging and a cool Tavern for eating.

Post Thanks / Like

Would live to visit the tail and thanks for sharing. If she’s willing to go on a road trip for cars and sit still for all those pic’s.... well doesn’t matter what I think because she obviously loves you

That’s usually signs of a good person being a good dad.

Now only if you could put the same effort into being a good forum memberMy 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What a great trip! You're daughter is adorable and what a great time to have some quality father/daughter bonding. My girls are all grown at this point, but I have fond memories of doing trips like that with them. You're making memories for her she'll remember for a lifetime.

I still need to get out there soon. Probably shoot for spring, right after I put the summer tires back on the car.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    What a great trip You're daughter is adorable and what a great time to have some quality father/daughter bonding. My girls are all grown at this point, but I have fond memories of doing trips like that with them. You're making memories for! her she'll remember for a lifetime.

I still need to get out there soon. Probably shoot for spring, right after I put the summer tires back on the car.
    We're going next year, myself and 2 buddies. We'll have a modded FiST, Fusion Sport and the ES...always room for 1 or 2 moreMy 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    We're going next year, myself and 2 buddies. We'll have a modded FiST, Fusion Sport and the ES...always room for 1 or 2 moreMy 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!

Can't make any promises, but PM me when it gets a little closer. I'd be interested.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great trip and great story sharing it!

I've been there four times on my bike. Your trip definitely included more activities than mine... Mine have been almost exclusively for the riding.

And your encounter with the Harley Baggger... You wouldn't have had that problem if it was my bagger

My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!-4860361-129slayer-resized-jpg

My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!-4860362-129slayer-2-resized-jpg

My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!-957956resized-jpg

13. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Great trip and great story sharing it!

I've been there four times on my bike. Your trip definitely included more activities than mine... Mine have been almost exclusively for the riding.

And your encounter with the Harley Baggger... You wouldn't have had that problem if it was my bagger

My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!-4860361-129slayer-resized-jpg

My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!-4860362-129slayer-2-resized-jpg

My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!-957956resized-jpg
    My trips are always all driving but this year was different because I took my daughter, so I balanced it outMy 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!

I don't want anyone to "push it" but I'd think a biker wouldn't want a car behind them on a morning drive with noone out there, just hit a pull off and we're both happyMy 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined! Besides, my daughter wanted me to go faster...she's almost 6 and "gets it"My 18th trip to The Tail of the Dragon & Family trip combined!

15. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad ass pictures. Great write up and it looks like your daughter loved it and really hung in there. I have a 5 (just turned 5) year old daughter, and doing this trip is a big thing in my opinion. Both on her end but more so yours. Lots of care, effort and love to do a road trip with a little one as a single parent. She will remember it forever.

Lol at the dump pic. Speaking of that zoo, my daughter fed the giraffe named Frances back in March when my wife and MIL went to visit very close family friends in Knoxville. Glad your daughter liked it as much as mine did.

So you had a religious experience hearing the Porsches, were you wearing your holy jeans that day? Lol! In all reality I understand exactly what you mean. I had a similar experience riding in the first big block car I’d ever been in (chevelle). There really is something about Porsches, but I’ve never been in one let alone driven one.

I need to make it down there for my own religious experience.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast