autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

"The Carini Collection"

This popped up as ad of some kind and it's 50% off. I guess the celebrity name and face on the bottle didn't help, LOL"The Carini Collection""The Carini Collection" The products have C.I.D. of famous muscle car engines and one the famous 4-4-2...silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

Just thought I'd pass this along for a "The Carini Collection"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "The Carini Collection"

If he can't get placement in Walmart next to Jay Leno's wax it'll only sell as a keepsake when visiting F40 Motorsports.

3. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the same e-mail. If you needed anything, that was a decent sale.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

That whole line was a head-scratcher for me. I never understood an entire product line of re-braded products inside an existing brand. I wonder if the products are even re-formulated?

I enjoy watching Wayne Carini's show on Motor Trend, but I doubt it has much of a reach beyond strange car fanatics like me. Wayne's celebrity seems to be based more on the overall restoral process and buying/selling of vehicles doesn't help. In fact I only a couple episodes I remember even mentioned the detailing process of restoral and even then it was a fleeting moment on the show. Neither help when trying to push a brand of detailing products.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    That whole line was a head-scratcher for me. I never understood an entire product line of re-braded products inside an existing brand. I wonder if the products are even re-formulated?

I enjoy watching Wayne Carini's show on Motor Trend, but I doubt it has much of a reach beyond strange car fanatics like me. Wayne's celebrity seems to be based more on the overall restoral process and buying/selling of vehicles doesn't help. In fact I only a couple episodes I remember even mentioned the detailing process of restoral and even then it was a fleeting moment on the show. Neither help when trying to push a brand of detailing products.
    Well he's invested in the company, putting your name/face on something is a bit much IMO"The Carini Collection"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a bottle of McKees SIO2 soap. Pretty nice product. I think Amazon is probably their biggest retail spot. But I agree, the line seems oversaturated.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Wayne Carini does own McKee’s 37 along with Bob McKee and Nick Rutter. If you recall, Bob was the guy who started PBMG, the parent company of Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Blackfire, Detailer’s Pride (which later became Detailer’s Pro Series), Marine 31, and Pinnacle Black Label. He sold the whole shebang several years ago to focus exclusively on McKee’s 37. From the McKee’s 37 website:

McKee’s 37 aims to synthesize the knowledge gained from the development of the Detailer’s Pro line with the latest technological breakthroughs in surface care to create a full line of effective and affordable products. During my thirty year stint in this industry, I’ve developed hundreds of waxes and polishes that were, for the most part, only obtainable by those with high-end tastes. Thanks to advancements in surface care enhancement technology, my team of chemists was able to develop an affordable line of products that offers world-class performance. Each and every formula in the McKee’s 37 line is worthy of being used on the world’s finest show cars, but still obtainable for the everyday driver.

Through years of painstaking research, trial and error, and countless reformulations, my team and I were able to create a complete line of world-class waxes, cleaners and polishes that easily holds its own with any product on the market. This line, after all, has my name on it, so the formulas had to be the best.

Autogeek sold the McKee’s 37 line for a little while, but stopped I believe due to some sort of limited time contract. Since Wayne Carini is part owner it only makes sense that his name and picture would be somewhere in the lineup. I have several of the products in the Carini Collection but haven’t gotten the opportunity to use them yet. I can tell you that I love every product I have used from McKee’s 37 (and I’ve used a lot) and that they perform just as well or better than expected. Of course, McKee’s 37 builds off the DP lineup, and I was a big fan of DP (both the old white/gold bottles and the black/gold bottles) before the existing rebranding of the line. I used McKee’s 37 products almost exclusively in this detail:

Not all that glitters is gold - Honda Ridgeline

I don’t use one particular brand exclusively - never have and probably never will. I just use what works. And as Mike Phillips once said, “Find something you like and use it often.”

Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver