autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Thank you Mike Phillips

Wow!

It was really nice to read all the kind words. My normal self would use the "multi-quote" feature built- into vBulletin and answer or comment to everyone that has also posted a comment but that would take forever!!!!

I must say, it's been nice doing my swim workouts in the sunlight instead of O'Dark Thirty in the morning!

This was last week...

Here's this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post

Please give us an update at some point.

I submitted a formal resignation on Wednesday, July 7th. I've been with Autogeek for 11 years as of July 10th. I was also at Meguiar's for 11 years. No connection between the time spent at both companies but after giving my future a lot of thought and after coming to the conclusion that for the most part I've done everything I can do here at Autogeek including,

• 2 TV shows.
    • Guest expert on multiple TV shows.
    • Hundreds of YouTube videos.
    • Over 1000 articles/reviews on for the most part every topic under the sun (the majority of my reviews are also how-to articles).
    • Multiple multiple classes including, car detailing, boat detailing, wetsanding.
    • Written 5 how-to books
    • And then over 50,000 posts as I type for the most part answering questions and having fun with this online community.

I have always detailed cars on the side as I enjoy taking a diamond in the rough and turning it into a glistening gemstone. I also enjoy showing others how to do this thing called "detailing".

I'm not leaving the industry, but I am going to take some time off and relax as well as get back into good physical shape. I've always been into fitness and like the old saying goes,

If you don't use it you'll lose it...

Andre has been my assistant for my classes for the last 5-6 years and he's basically a walking, talking copy of me. He'll be a great asset to Autogeek moving forward.

I wish everyone here great success as well as all my friends at Autogeek!

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw read this thread and like everyone else has said, this is a shock, you will be sorely missed and wish you the best going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Thank you for the update.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Wow!

It was really nice to read all the kind words. My normal self would use the "multi-quote" feature built- into vBulletin and answer or comment to everyone that has also posted a comment but that would take forever!!!!

I must say, it's been nice doing my swim workouts in the sunlight instead of O'Dark Thirty in the morning!

This was last week...

Here's this morning...

I submitted a formal resignation on Wednesday, July 7th. I've been with Autogeek for 11 years as of July 10th. I was also at Meguiar's for 11 years. No connection but after giving my future a lot of thought and after coming to the conclusion that for the most part I've done everything I can do here at Autogeek including,

• 2 TV shows.
    • Guest expert on multiple TV shows.
    • Hundreds of YouTube videos.
    • Over 1000 articles/reviews on for the most part every topic under the sun (the majority of my reviews are also how-to articles).
    • Multiple multiple classes including, car detailing, boat detailing, wetsanding.
    • And then over 50,000 posts as I type for the most part answering questions and having fun with this online community.
    • Written 5 how-to books

I have always detailed cars on the side as I enjoy taking a diamond in the rough and turning it into a glistening gemstone. I also enjoy shown others how to do this thing called "detailing".

I'm not leaving the industry, but I am going to take some time off and relax as well as get back into good physical shape. I've always been into fitness and like the old saying goes,

If you don't use it you'll lose it...

Andre has been my assistant for my classes for the last 5-6 years and he's basically a walking, talking copy of me. He'll be a great asset to Autogeek moving forward.

I wish everyone here great success as well as all my friends at Autogeek!

Thank you Mike! You will be greatly missed . I thoroughly enjoyed our time together, we had some good times!

I have learned A LOT from you like many others here and will do all I can to help anyone that needs it. I most certainly don't have the same extensive knowledge that Mike does from all the years he's been in this industry but I have learned a lot from him and I will continue to learn every day going forward! If anyone ever has any questions, I am always here to help to my best abilities. You can always reach me on here, via email - andre@autogeek.net or even by phone 1-800-869-3011 ext. 1244

Thanks again for the kind words Mike and enjoy your time off!
    Autogeek R&D
    andre@autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike, a thousand times over. I will never forget you reaching out to me and calling me directly during your forever busy schedule when I was having serious trouble compounding/polishing really tough black Audi paint and talking me through my issue. It’s incredible gestures like this that show why you have such a huge following. I am forever grateful for you. I followed you from Meguiars to AutoGeek and I will follow you on to your next adventure. Thank you, Mike.

6. Likes Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike In sorry to see you go. Autogeek will not be the same with out you. Let us know were you are going so we can get on that website.Good luck in your future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

... but I am going to take some time off and relax...
    I did that in February of 2007 and haven't had a real job since

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike Phillips

… Awh Geeze Wow! I’m super excited for you Mike, & like many of us I look forward to what comes next.

I stumbled across a Mike Phillips article some time in early 2011 when I googled something detailing related & spent the good part of the next eighteen Months being a ‘lurker’ & reading as much of Mike’s articles as I could. I was fascinated by his openness, passion & willingness about the industry & the sheer amount of information he shares …. Or ‘Brain Dump’ as he calls it.

Being down here in New Zealand & detailing from 1996 much of what I had learned was the good old self taught, trial & error methodology so the information Mike was putting out was incredible.

In 2015 after having joined AGO a couple of years later we decided to make the journey to Florida so I could be a part of Mike’s ‘Boot Camp’ class. Until then I guess I had only met maybe 5 or 6 out here people I would say were Detailers so being surrounded by them was exciting knowing we all shared the passion. This was the start of a great friendship with Mike Phillips.

Fast forward a few years to 2018 & I made my way back to Florida & caught up with Mike again at the 13th annual Detail Fest …
    & then the family & myself returned again in 2020 & hung out with Mike, Stacy & Mojito for a couple of days & even in the Show Car Garage doing detailing stuff.

Mike inspires me, did from the first article I read & continues to do so now. He makes me want to always be better & has instilled the desire for me to want to pass on knowledge too.

We consider Mike as one of the family in our house, Benjamin (almost 6) often refers to Mike as “Dads friend Mike with the robot leg”. We all sincerely look forward to tuning in to the next chapter Mike …. Kia Kaha Tuakana.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, sad to see you go, thank you so much for all your help and training classes through the years, best of luck in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Stunned....

Because of Mike, I now have a a business called Mr Tommy's Wash, Buff and Wax.

Thanks Mike...

Again, Thanks for letting us know whats up...

And Please let us know what you're up after you get bored and restless after a few weeks of time off.

Mr Tommy
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

12. Likes PaulMys, Aaryn NZ, John U, custmsprty liked this post
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast