autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone keep a jump starter in their vehicle(s)?

long story short... had to take a family member to the emergency room (over 6+ hours inside) a few months ago and came out to dead battery. i have AAA but when i called (10pm on a saturday) they said it would be over an hour + for someone to come by and help, and that's after spending hours inside the ER already. you can only imagine how we felt...

luckily, the security guards had jumper cables but they do no good (at any given time) unless you have them on you, as well as having another car (if one is around) to use them with. I don't want to be stuck in that position again so i did a lot of research and came across this jump starter below (NOCO GB40). it's one of the best/top rated (the brand in general) on the market..

it has 1000 amps and is around $100. in a few years i may opt for the GB70 (2000 amps) which is overkill (and double the price at $200), but we'll see how this one does. for those who carry one (or family member), which one(s) do you have?

also, i went to harbor freight and bought a tool bag and keep both the jump starter (no more jumper cables) and (slime) air compressor (has saved me a few times already) in there together. better safe than sorry...

1,000 Amp UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
    The GB40 is a portable lithium-ion battery jump starter pack that delivers 1,000-amps for jump starting a dead battery in seconds. It features a patented safety technology that provides spark-proof connections and reverse polarity protection making safe and easy for anyone to use. It's a powerful battery booster that doubles as a portable power source for recharging USB devices, like a smartphone, tablet and more. Designed for a car, boat, RV, truck and more with gas engines up to 6 liters, and diesel engines up to 3 liters. All Boost models can hold 70% of its rated capacity for up to one year. For optimal performance, we recommend charging the device at least every 4-6 months, after initial charge.

2. Thanks bob m thanked for this post
    Likes bob m, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: does anyone keep a jump starter in their vehicle(s)?

I have the GB40, I was in a similar situation as you a few years back and felt totally helpless. I keep it under the back seat in my truck, it’s very compact. I also will throw it in my bass boat when I go out. I’ve used it twice this past winter to help a stranded driver and worked great, I charge it every 3 months in the winter ( probably overkill) and once in July

4. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    I have the GB40, I was in a similar situation as you a few years back and felt totally helpless. I keep it under the back seat in my truck, it’s very compact. I also will throw it in my bass boat when I go out. I’ve used it twice this past winter to help a stranded driver and worked great, I charge it every 3 months in the winter ( probably overkill) and once in July
    awesome, thanks for the purchase reassurance! i didn't realize NOCO has been around since 1914. i was looking at DBpower, Battery Tender, and Schumacher as well (so many brands/specs to choose from).. i'm going to have a set-up like mine (or similar) for each vehicle in the family (nephew/parents)...

Post Thanks / Like

Lol with this sight,fishing sites,gun sites etc I’ve learned to limit my search. One thing I may suggest is to get an extra set of cables, when not plugged in they are pretty small and can get “misplaced”

7. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Lol with this sight,fishing sites,gun sites etc I’ve learned to limit my search. One thing I may suggest is to get an extra set of cables, when not plugged in they are pretty small and can get “misplaced”
    i also have the hard case too, instead of using the cloth bag it came in. thanks for the suggestion!

9. Likes goldendodo19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't... But I should.

In the past I always had jumper cables available but that was many years ago. I live dangerously these days LOL.

11. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I carry one. I even used it to jump the mailman’s Jeep when it stalled one day. He was amazed when the little thing started it.

13. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir! Just got done charging this one.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

15. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely invaluable. Mine is the size of a deck of cards. Also can charge phones and other devices. $50 has bailed me out 3-4 times, if you include boats.

17. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I picked one up last year, just made sense to have one around considering there are a few cars in the garage. Unsurprisingly, the Jaguar was the first to need it.

19. Likes VISITOR liked this post
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast