autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: does anyone keep a jump starter in their vehicle(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    another option to consider is the gooloo 2000 amp (more than enough to start a car) jump starter. project farm (youtube) did a thorough test on the gooloo and they both came out on top. it's around $100 (plenty of good ones for around that price) around the nile...
    Looked at that one and great deal but for that price i’d go hulkman for $129

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I just bought 3 of the GBX75s on BF but I haven’t used them yet. They all 3 charged up quickly with the USB C charger for my laptop but I haven’t actually had an opportunity to put it to use like Visitor.

$175 is a great deal and I’d already have been purchased at that price….. can’t wait a year does anyone keep a jump starter in their vehicle(s)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

btw, here's an informative car battery test that's worth watching...

3. Thanks Jim w thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one in each of our cars and they do hold a charge for 6-8 months and barely loose any charge.

I would watch Project Farm comparison video on YouTube and get what he suggest which is what I did and am feeling more comfortable knowing it’s ready and waiting.

5. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Soooo i’ve come down to two models i’m looking at. The NoCo Boost GBX75 or the basic hulkman.

I have a NoCo Trickle charger and feel it’s of great quality. I also like that it’s 2500amp vs 2000 although most 2000amp say it will start a 7.5 liter gas. The chevelle is 7.44 liters and i like that the NoCo will go up to 8.5 liters.

Thing is it’s $100 more than the Hulkman. I don’t mind spending it if i have to.

Has anyone here used or own a hulkman? Lokking at the alpha 85.

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone keep a jump starter in their vehicle(s)?

So NoCo won out.

Edit: Hulkman looked great but recommends up to 7.5 liters and i believe a 454 cubic inch was right at 7.44.

Didn’t think about it till right before but my Chevelle is stroked out to a 489. That puts it at 8 liters. The Noco is good to 8.5 liter motors.

8. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes MisterSnoop, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a flat battery in the forklift at work the other day.

I just happened to have my jump starter in my bag that day, fired the thing up without a problem.

We ended up having to replace the forklift battery due to a collapsed cell.

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

was at the store today and heading back to the car i heard somebody ask if i had jumper cables (small old work truck). after i put the bags away, i asked if they were sure it was the battery (battery stickered 5/22) and they said they didn't know and it just wouldn't start. hooked up the jump starter and started up the second crank with some hesitation from the engine and in less than a minute it died. tried again and it started right up and told them to hurry and drive off before it shuts off again lol. as far as i could see, they made it out of the parking lot...

charging it back up right now, went down to two bars out of four. before then, it was fully charged for close to six months..

12. Likes DFB, Bruno Soares, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for a Jump-starter Amazon is having great savings on NoCo’s and Jumpman starters for prime day

When buying mine, my research led me to these two brands as I needed one that could start an 8liter engine. And wanted brand I could trust.

These two came up a lot. I got my GBX 75 for $200 on a decent sale and it’s $150 right now.

Not affiliated with either just wanted to post a great deal for y’all.

14. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

went to the mall today and a lady in a nissan rogue had her hood open. when i got out i asked if she needed a jump and said she didn't know what the problem was. i looked at key fob and noticed it wasn't working to lock/unlock the doors and she couldn't (push button) start the car either (i mentioned to replace the battery anyway). i grabbed the jump starter hooked it up and asked her to start it, and BAM! it started right up. i honestly didn't think it would but am glad it did (she was late to pick up her daughter). she also canceled the AAA phone call as they probably wouldn't of showed up for at least an hour anyway. charging it right now and topping of the battery even though it was full at 4 bars...

16. Likes SNP209, dgage, DFB, BadgerRivFan, Bruno Soares and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    went to the mall today and a lady in a nissan rogue had her hood open. when i got out i asked if she needed a jump and said she didn't know what the problem was. i looked at key fob and noticed it wasn't working to lock/unlock the doors and she couldn't (push button) start the car either (i mentioned to replace the battery anyway). i grabbed the jump starter hooked it up and asked her to start it, and BAM! it started right up. i honestly didn't think it would but am glad it did (she was late to pick up her daughter). she also canceled the AAA phone call as they probably wouldn't of showed up for at least an hour anyway. charging it right now and topping of the battery even though it was full at 4 bars...
    Allen to the rescue!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast