autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: does anyone keep a jump starter in their vehicle(s)?

took my parents vehicle to the dealership last week as the check engine light came on and also for a recall. both were taken care of under warranty (they had the vehicle for 3 days). as we were handed the paperwork to leave, the service advisor mentioned he needed to jump the car as the battery was dead (they did updates among a few other things). I politely declined, said I'll be right back and went to my vehicle to grab the jump starter I just purchased (and remembered I had) so we can jump it. popped open the hood, connected it, and bam started right up. the service advisor even mentioned that it was a good jump starter lol. went to costco today and bought a new battery (Interstate) for $115 (brought the old one for the $15 core charge) as the dealership wanted $200, no thanks. glad I had the jump starter as it's already proven it's self worth!

2. Likes dgage, Bruno Soares, DFB, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A pretty damn good friend of mine got me one of these…..

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes VISITOR, oneheadlite, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

how cool is that, just last week, my wife and I had a nice dinner and on the way out of the parking lot, i saw a hood up, and could hear the sure sound of the driver trying to start the car with a dead battery, my wife and I hopped off the bike, and they were skeptical that the jumper would do the job, started right up after about 3 mins of charge from the jumper....thought I'd circle back and share the story....when you're prepared, your usually prepared to lend a hand too

6. Likes dgage, PaulMys, Bruno Soares, DFB, bob m and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a NOCO GB40 which is on sale today.

8. Likes Bruno Soares, DFB, VISITOR, Lance Mark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

was out shopping today when i noticed a civilian with his vehicle's hood open (parking lot) in this sweltering heat. asked if he needed a jump and he mentioned he didn't think it was battery and had AAA on the way. i asked if the lights were inside were coming on at all and when he turned the car over, nothing. hooked up the jump starter, told him to start her up and BAM it started. he was relieved and asked if he could buy me lunch but i refused. before closing the hood, i suggested to clean the battery terminals and clamps as they were dirty and caked with corrosion (not getting enough cranking amps because of that). the look on both he and his (assuming his wife) was priceless (relief). off they went with a smile...

p.s. if you don't own of these, do yourself a favor and get one. it's not a matter of how or where, but when it will happen...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    was out shopping today when i noticed a civilian with his vehicle's hood open (parking lot) in this sweltering heat. asked if he needed a jump and he mentioned he didn't think it was battery and had AAA on the way. i asked if the lights were inside were coming on at all and when he turned the car over, nothing. hooked up the jump starter, told him to start her up and BAM it started. he was relieved and asked if he could buy me lunch but i refused. before closing the hood, i suggested to clean the battery terminals and clamps as they were dirty and caked with corrosion (not getting enough cranking amps because of that). the look on both he and his (assuming his wife) was priceless (relief). off they went with a smile...

p.s. if you don't own of these, do yourself a favor and get one. it's not a matter of how or where, but when it will happen...
    great good deed. i keep a battery terminal cleaner brush in my car as well now - they're $3. that happened with my previous car and i couldn't get it jump started.

11. Thanks VISITOR thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at the 99 cent only store today and as I walking through the parking lot on my way to the store there was a guy (wife and daughter in the car) that was cleaning the corrosion off the car battery. I asked if he needed a jump and he said he thinks the battery is completely dead. I told him to hold on a minute and went to the car and grabbed the jump starter, hooked it up and it started right up. you can tell they were relieved and the daughter was the first one to say thank you with a big smile. if you don't own one, please do yourself and family a favor and get one. it will pay for itself the first time you use it...

13. Likes PaulMys, Bruno Soares, vobro, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always had jumper cables in my own cars (all three) but when my daughter got her car I bought her a jump pack like this. I got her an Audew brand because I think Project Farm tested them as best or #2.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

15. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used my NOCO GB40 today. My girlfriend and her aunt were working at an event at a dog rescue. Her aunt's husband ran down the battery in their car during the day so they had a dead battery when they tried to drive home. I actually had taken the jump starter out of the car today to recharge it since it had been 3 months since it was charged. The toughest part was finding the battery, which had a cover over it. When I pulled off the cover, there was a bunch of nesting material underneath it. I cleaned that off and hooked it up. The car fired right up. I can't recall ever using jumper cables and having it go so quick/easy.

17. Likes PaulMys, dgage, Bruno Soares, VISITOR, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes!

I've had a "Porta Jump" for years. I bought it at Meijers. I do need a replacement cord though. Maybe I'll have a look at the one you posted, Visitor.

I also keep a small, portable air compressor and extra fuses in the car too.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast