autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Mothers for Sponsoring Commercial-free Formula One TV Coverage !

I know there's one or more people from Mothers who peruse the forum, so I just wanted to give a shoutout and say thanks to the company for sponsoring commercial-free TV coverage of the Formula One races. As a race fan there is nothing worse than commercial interruptions, so to be able to watch the races without that disruption is fantastic.

Racing sponsorship money has dried up significantly over the past decade, and esp. for open wheel racing, so it's nice to see some companies are still in it.

Along that line, AG deserves thanks as well as they sponsor Ed's Indycar team.

2. Likes PaulMys, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thanks to Mothers for Sponsoring Commercial-free Formula One TV Coverage !

What network is Formula One showing on these days. I only casually follow the series these days, but wouldn't mind seeing a commercial free race. That's huge.

Someone needs to do the same for the IMSA Weathertech Sports Car Championship. NBC seems to handle all sports events from auto racing to the Olympics the same: 20 minutes of commercials for 10 minutes of content. Absolutely horrible. I understand the need to generate revenue, but it makes any event they broadcast nearly unwatchable.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words. We've been sponsoring the live races for a few years now, and F1 fans are enthusiastic about being able to watch commercial free.

One of our big rigs is dedicated to hauling our race cars around, and for those who attend the Long Beach Grand Prix, you know we "own" the paddock where you can always find an exotic car show and the ability to drive the race course pre-race as part of entry into "our" paddock.

The best part is, it's more than just advertising - it's giving other enthusiasts the chance to watch a race like we like to - commercial free so you never miss a second of the race.

5. Thanks crg001, Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    As a race fan there is nothing worse than commercial interruptions, so to be able to watch the races without that disruption is fantastic.
    Exactly.

This is the exact reason I do not watch NASCAR any longer. I get the fact that they need to raise money with sponsors, but the 50 commercial interruptions makes it entirely unwatchable IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    What network is Formula One showing on these days. I only casually follow the series these days, but wouldn't mind seeing a commercial free race. That's huge.

Practice sessions, qualifying, and the race are all shown on ESPN. Only the live race is shown commercial-free.

8. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post