autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pan video...you know the one, discuss!

Wouldn’t it be something if this was all planned out to gain views and subscribers on all channels The Pan video...you know the one, discuss!

2. Likes BudgetPlan1, dwaleke, Azure, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally dont have any issues with any of the youtube detailers as I look at them through the the lens of entertainment. I find more real life experiences on forums such as AGO and other similar message boards. I certainly dont have problems with anyone who is trying to make a living. A teacher of mine once told me... "just because its on TV doesnt mean it is a fact". It is unfortunate that we have come to a place where the public as a whole dont exercise general skepticisms toward the things we see in social medias, YouTube, and the news.

However, I do find it troubling that private communications or information be aired out in the open like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Wouldn’t it be something if this was all planned out to gain views and subscribers on all channels The Pan video...you know the one, discuss!
    If that were true I'd subscribe to all of their channels and generate as many clicks for them as I could just outta respect. Still wouldn't buy anything solely based upon their content but a few revenue-generating clicks would be in order to pay homage to their craftiness.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole situation is like a Real Housewives show - it's either your kind of drama, or it isn't. (Not for me, thank you).

Wouldn't it be a real mind bender, if like a reality TV show they got together behind the scenes to create the drama that unfolded? I'm sure all parties involved are getting an uptick in clicks/views/etc... (I have zero proof this is the case, but anything's possible on the internet).

My 2 cents - Personally, I never cared for Pan on the forum here. As others have mentioned he always has felt like an advertiser, not a community member. Knowing how the digital world works, I just chose to never click his (or a lot of other) YouTube links because I prefer to have more say in who gets money for my view (even if it's pennies - they add up).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Dang it Guz, you posted that while I was typing!

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes the people who are always playing games and trying to find an angle to make a quick buck, end up hurting themselves in the long run. People catch on after a while. I think the suckers are the people who watch a Pan video and then buy the product.

10. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Sometimes the people who are always playing games and trying to find an angle to make a quick buck, end up hurting themselves in the long run. People catch on after a while. I think the suckers are the people who watch a Pan video and then buy the product.
    I guess I'm a sucker, even though I've only bought two products he has presented. I'm so hurt buy this, not sure what to do at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

No need for the drama in an industry/hobby where people should be helping each other. At least I feel like AG members help each other out. This type of crap really sours viewers, and all involved will probably lose followers. I saw it happen with some ATV youtubers.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I guess I'm a sucker, even though I've only bought two products he has presented. I'm so hurt buy this, not sure what to do at this point.
    Make up your own mind on how those products perform. Use them up if they are good enough for you. Donate them if they are not.

Don't buy any more products by watching Pan videos without doing more research to get a wider range of feedback on their performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Your not alone. A couple of years ago Pan did a video with the Rag Company about Beadmaker. Pan was so over the top impressed with the performance that I bought in and purchased a gallon from Amazon. Well it didn't work out so well for me. I found Beadmaker as a drying aid streaked, attracted copious amounts of dust and had no longevity. I tossed the gallon after using about a quart of it. I now look for multiple reviews and wait for the initial hoopla to die down before I try new products.

hoopla definition - Google Search

15. Likes PaulMys, Azure liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast