autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pan video...you know the one, discuss!

Lots of comments, I've read them all. The one above by Coatingsarecrack does show the paid promotion. Without going back I'd assume he's always included the paid promotion in the beginning of his vidsThe Pan video...you know the one, discuss! I mean if he didn't then I can understand the whole uproar.

As far as Scott goes I was surprised to even see him as I thought he actually sold off his business, also stopped doing videosThe Pan video...you know the one, discuss!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    DPC is such a dork for butting his nose where it doesn't belong. He thinks he comes off as a savior and backing up his friend. He talks about how his dad raised him right and yet he drags the young woman's name into all this as she had nothing to do with the situation. For being 50 years old he doesn't really get it. This should have been between 2 people. DPC just wanted views and is pure click bait.
    How did she get dragged into this? I didn't watch the original video.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Pan does what is required by youtube on all his videos to state when a video is sponsored.

Alot of us made that assumption and thats how he probably started out. He doesn’t ever say he doesn’t do this for money and has actually come out before and said this is main source of revenue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never noticed that before. I don't remember it being on the videos that I watched previously. I guess that does change the situation some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I never noticed that before. I don't remember it being on the videos that I watched previously. I guess that does change the situation some.
    Seems that is result of him being called out. That was not on his videos previously.

5. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    Seems that is result of him being called out. That was not on his videos previously.
    Not accurate
    It's there plus he says it and it's in description too. Most just don't pay attention to it

They have too to keep their YouTube perks in tact

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Easy example.
    The includes paid promotion is there as soon as the videos start (on ones that are promoted)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    Haven't watched many of his videos but I also did not notice that on a recent video I had watched prior to all this. I do see he also has it disclosed in the description. Could the videos have been updated to show that popup or did we just not notice?

9. Likes Klasse Act, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never much cared for Pan's presentations and took them with a pound of salt. Some reviewers offer their 2˘ worth as help/assistance to fellow detailers and beginners. Pan appears to do his presentations solely for income. I can't fault him for that but his personality, or lack thereof, just turns me off.

I had never heard of Scott prior to all of this crapolla.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Haven't watched many of his videos but I also did not notice that on a recent video I had watched prior to all this. I do see he also has it disclosed in the description. Could the videos have been updated to show that popup or did we just not notice?
    I don't really know. I think the bigger issue is many of his videos are not marked "Paid promotion" even right now and perhaps they don't need to be. But when I watch a video on "My secret products for the most gloss" am I supposed to think that is Pan's unbiased opinion based on his experience using the products? Or is he going to select products from vendors that have paid him money for previous paid videos to be "The Best"?

I unsubscribed from Pan a while back because every product was great when the majority of other people's experiences were not the same as his. I figured it out long ago. You hope others see it too so they can make more informed decisions.

At the end of the day this drama has run its course for me.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I think is funny is that the vast majority of these products work on some level and usually at a high enough level that it's hard to truly tell the difference. I like Pan because he shows us the product. That's what I want. I don't care what he or the others hate about them. I've always figured they were getting paid on some level, whether it's products, money, or money from youtube. I just expect that. Apex, Pan, and to a lessor extent Jimbo will provide certain details about a product that I "need" that gets me to want to try them. If I had the kind of money needed to do it, I'd just buy everything and make my own decisions on what I end up using. I'd really like it if Mike would do something similar on a regular basis as well. I'd trust him to provide some valuable info on products like he does on the boards here.

IMO, it serves no purpose to trash a product like some of the youtubers do. Especially that guy who calls everything "junk" and only thinks one brand of pressure washer will work for auto detailing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast