autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Wax...B.O.'d for how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    There is probably a container of the stuff sitting on the Ever Given in the Suez Canal right now...

Seriously though, high demand and global supply chains being in total chaos right now probably aren't doing Gyeon or the retailers any favors right now.
    No I get supply chain issues.... affecting my job right now too. But other than Small boutique products imported from out if the country..... you can pretty much get whatever you want detail product wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They probably just underestimated demand. Takes a few months to bounce back (after shipping).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    No I get supply chain issues.... affecting my job right now too. But other than Small boutique products imported from out if the country..... you can pretty much get whatever you want detail product wise.

Isn't Gyeon a Korean company? That was my only thought as to why it might be hard to get. Even if they have the materials to produce the product there could be cases of the stuff jammed up in a port or waiting on a container somewhere.

I've even noticed domestic shipping is a mess for even simple things. I have a subscription for Black Rifle Coffee and even getting a simple bag of coffee becomes problematic once USPS or FEDEX get their hands on it.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Isn't Gyeon a Korean company? That was my only thought as to why it might be hard to get. Even if they have the materials to produce the product there could be cases of the stuff jammed up in a port or waiting on a container somewhere.

I've even noticed domestic shipping is a mess for even simple things. I have a subscription for Black Rifle Coffee and even getting a simple bag of coffee becomes problematic once USPS or FEDEX get their hands on it.
    When I talked to Griot’s today, they asked for patience because their warehouse was running behind. And that’s just the west coast (iirc).

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IT'S BACK IN STOCK!

Ordered through Amazon (fulfilled through AutoGeekGyeon Wax...B.O.'d for how long?) and it said SEVEN available and because AG fulfilled it I assume it's all AG has.

Hope those who want to try this get itGyeon Wax...B.O.'d for how long?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was finally able to apply Gyeon Wax to our 19 Durango RT this weekend. I was lazy to use Gyeon Primer so I just prepped the surface with Gyeon Prep.

Application was straight forward and like any paste wax over applying will make removal somewhat difficult when its dried. Strangely enough the directions on the packaging say to "apply a thick layer panel by panel" which is different than the directions on the Gyeon page which calls for a "a light layer" to be applied. I quickly changed to applying light layers after the first panel was difficult to remove.

The scent was very pleasant! I enjoyed it as I do all the scents from Gyeon (except their APC which smells horrible, lol).

The paint was very glossy, deep and slick to the touch. The vehicle will be maintained with Gyeon Bathe or Restart with Gyeon Ceramic Detailer as a wipedown.

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered some of this with the intention of applying it to the XR8.

I think it will work really well with the multi-tonal nature of the Emperor Red paint.

Can this be applied using a machine and appropriate pad like I do with Collinite 845, or best applied by hand?

12. Likes Bruno Soares, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

I think it will work really well with the multi-tonal nature of the Emperor Red paint.

Can this be applied using a machine and appropriate pad like I do with Collinite 845, or best applied by hand?
    Congrats on the purchase DFBGyeon Wax...B.O.'d for how long?Gyeon Wax...B.O.'d for how long?

You can absolutely apply it to your pad for machine use but as much as your into your fleet I see you applying it by handGyeon Wax...B.O.'d for how long? I can't wait to hear your thoughts about this awesome product soon and just remember it needs to sit for 30 minutes before removalGyeon Wax...B.O.'d for how long?

I'm predicting this to go on the Falcon and Stang soon afterwardsGyeon Wax...B.O.'d for how long?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

As KA said yes you can machine apply. I confirmed with Gyeon rep from DW.

16. Likes DFB liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon wax is available on one of the bigger Canadian detailing sites if anyone is interested. But i'm sure it well cost you more for shipping. Not sure of custom fees/taxes.

I've gotten a number of products from the states over the years - polish angel for instance. Sometimes i'm charged custom fees sometimes i'm not, i never really looked into it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast